Author Topic: PLA Stickers  (Read 37441 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
PLA Stickers
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:38:28 PM »
We've been out of PLA stickers for awhile now.  We need new ones.  So I'm talking to a guy to get some prices on vinyl stickers.  Here's what they may or may not look like:

The 2nd one is just like the old PLA sticker that I used to sell.  I doubt I'll end up making the 3rd one because 3 color vinyl stickers are probably too expensive.

Anyone have any other ideas/requests for stickers?

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Re: PLA Stickers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:47:16 PM »
I think you should make some stickers based on the kilroy was here thing. Make it say PLA was here. Then edit in something PLA related where the guy's face would be. That way when we don't put these in our schools, phone booths, urinals, etc. people will know who put them there.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:51:39 PM »
The first sticker should be the most cost efficient since no colors are used so id go with that one.

But hey, why not make homegrown like the one shown below.
(don't sue me Arby)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »
But hey, why not make homegrown like the one shown below.

Nice!  What's it say?

I could easily make stickers on my ink jet printer, but the quality of those doesn't compare to vinyl.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »
vinyl :) /me drools....  my macBook would like the first one with the white around it.. or maybe make them round? i definitely like the first one.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »
vinyl :) /me drools....  my macBook would like the first one with the white around it.. or maybe make them round? i definitely like the first one.

Those are all round stickers.  I just didn't bother removing the background to them.  The first sticker will definitely be made, and most likely the 2nd one too.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 10:08:59 PM »
I'll certainly take some of those. My minions friends and I go crazy with stickers...we've covered places with V2 stickers (freestickers.org), SubGenius stickers, and even shitty ones I made with a sharpie and some labels I stole from work and drew cactuses and weird things on. Stickers rule, and PLA can only improve on a good thing.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 01:24:14 AM »
Just a thought here, how much would transparent stickers cost? I know the vinyl ones are a good idea ,
but for glass and stuff it would look cool.  ;D

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:28:30 AM »
RTF still has a small cache of the original round PLA bell stickers. I stole one from him last month and put it on my then PLA-sticker-less laptop. Quick, everyone private message RTF and ask him to sell you PLA stickerz!!!@2

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 10:17:29 AM »
Maybe we Arbie could put a link to all items for sale on the bar at the top of the screen. That would simplify things a bit.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 01:04:17 PM »
The stickers I made were from address labels. I just put the logo in and the website nothing to fancy.

kelsokid18

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
I think a new batch of the old style bright green ones would be nice.  Not to mention, some new PLA stickers to play with.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »
I like the idea of tagging pay phones. My greatest feat yet was putting one on a phone outside a verizon office, you know, the ones for calling a dept. within that building. It was gone after a couple days, but other PLA stickers I have placed are still there!  :)

What is the worst crime you could be committing my putting one of those stickers on a handset anyway,
Or what is the worst thing that can happen to you? ( Along with the likely things that will happen to you) 
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
What is the worst crime you could be committing my putting one of those stickers on a handset anyway,
Or what is the worst thing that can happen to you? ( Along with the likely things that will happen to you) 

Taxi and tow companies put their stickers on pay phones all the time.  So I doubt much can happen to you.  Otherwise, the cops wouldn't have too hard of a time finding the taxi and tow places to arrest them.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 10:36:03 AM »
I ordered more stickers last night.  Guess I'll have them in a couple weeks.  I didn't go with the vinyl, but instead ordered from iprint.com, which is the same place I got the original round yellow stickers from.  They're good quality stickers and suitable for laptops and outdoors.  The new stickers will look something like this:

Only orange instead of yellow.  The only color they had, aside from white, gold and silver was orange.  We'll have to wait and see if that looks horrible or not.

So if I did a rectangular sticker, similar to the old green one, what should it say?  How about one specifically for pay phones?  Any ideas?