Author Topic: Yngwie Malmsteen is a cock  (Read 7404 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Yngwie Malmsteen is a cock
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »
My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself..

No, seriously, though. I have a Mexican name, and my friends always kid me about me being part angry Latin woman.

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 01:57:03 AM »
Tom Morello's solos are just random noise. What makes him any better than the guitarists from Sonic Youth, or even MxBx? I like RATM, but I never really thought of them as that innovative, and I haven't heard anything Morello has done outside of RATM that is any better than that.

True , but I still REALLY like his Solos.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 10:27:47 AM »
Yeah, me too  :-[

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »
Hey, he's the king cock of cock rock!

I still enjoy Yngwie's '84 & '86 albums, Trilogy and Rising Force.  I think I've got a couple new ones gathering dust... they don't stand out.  I [still] like Yngwie but pretty much agree with your assessment that he is Mr.Arpeggio, + much of it runs together.  He coined "Neoclassical" - not that the word caught on...

I saw him last May - he had guitars set up in strategic places all over the stage.  They took the stage a half hour late but it was a great experience.  He dove around, playing upside down, behind his back, etc. and stuck to his old shit for the most part.  He jumped around like Marty from BTTF.  The loudest concert I've ever been to, EVER... and I've been to much 'heavier' bands.  He looks the same as he did in '84, so what?  What the fuck did you expect, Bon Jovi?

Derek Sherinian (of Dream Theater) was the keyboardist... I was able to talk to him for like 30 seconds after the show.  Derek was breaking down his own shit, nice enough to bullshit with me, though I think the chicks behind me helped.  Maybe my fave show of last year.

Tom Morello is a cock.