Author Topic: So what books are you reading?  (Read 34751 times)

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
Re: So what books are you reading?
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
Believe it or not I'm actually interested in seeing some more of that book. I just figured Arbie got tired of it or lost all interest and figured that little snippet being the whole book. It's a shame. It seemed interesting to me.

There's actually a big chunk of that book that's sort of done.  I keep changing my mind between going with that original chapter or just making a big archive of all the PLA stuff.  Currently I'm working mostly on the original chapter idea.  Each year I fail my goal of having it finished up by the end of the year.  I really do still work on it when I have the time, though.

Is there any chance you could possibly upload them some where in a zip file so those of us with a genuine interest can have a read? Because I'd download it and take up precious bandwidth on your server just to show my gratitude.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
Re: So what books are you reading?
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
Believe it or not I'm actually interested in seeing some more of that book. I just figured Arbie got tired of it or lost all interest and figured that little snippet being the whole book. It's a shame. It seemed interesting to me.

There's actually a big chunk of that book that's sort of done.  I keep changing my mind between going with that original chapter or just making a big archive of all the PLA stuff.  Currently I'm working mostly on the original chapter idea.  Each year I fail my goal of having it finished up by the end of the year.  I really do still work on it when I have the time, though.

Is there any chance you could possibly upload them some where in a zip file so those of us with a genuine interest can have a read? Because I'd download it and take up precious bandwidth on your server just to show my gratitude.

Yeah, I would love to read some more even if it's just random chapters in no particular order. You actually inspired me to write my own book, although I've been working on it off and on for months and still haven't got to the second chapter. ;D

Im currently back and forth between 'Catch Me If You Can' and 'The Art of the Steal'

Catch Me If You Can is great, although the killjoys over at Snopes said some of it was made-up. My favorite chapter was when he gets locked up in French prison.