Author Topic: Voicemails from Cal's forum people  (Read 6076 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Voicemails from Cal's forum people
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »
Today I suddenly realized that my home answering machine hasn't gotten many messages since I moved here a year ago.  Wondering if maybe it was broken, I checked it out this morning to discover that it was full of about 90 old messages, mostly from 2005.  There were a lot of messages from collectors, hangups from telemarketers,  and a few calls from friends and family.  But a large portion of the calls came from internet people.  And since most of them were regulars on Cal's, I'm posting them here.  In this clip you'll hear messages from Boston Joe, Mgross, Roxy, CK, and some unknown people.  I also left in a message from Verizon corporate security lecturing me, and some random old lady who called a wrong number.

http://www.phonelosers.org/stuff/2005_voicemails_mostly_from_internet_people.mp3

Incidentally, I'm kind of enjoying being unlisted since I've moved to Oregon.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: Voicemails from Cal's forum people
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:56:03 PM »
Did you actually pay to be unlisted, and how many checks did you have to scam from verizon before they caught on (and did anything ever end up happening)?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:23:49 PM by Tachyon »
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline z09

• LD9967
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31348
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:34:40 PM »
WOW!  They are all like 12!  Am I the oldest here?  I'm 37!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37:13 PM »
Did you actually pay to be unlisted, and how many checks did you have to scam from verizon before they caught on (and did anything ever end up happening)?

That thing about the checks was a prank by Boston Joe.  And yeah, I've been paying to be unlisted since I moved to Oregon.  It's kind of nice, not having to turn my ringer off each night.

Offline afreak

• Area codes I have had numbers to: 604. 780, 778, 403, 250, 206, 360, 643
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +44/-36
  • Also known as "Alberta"
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 10:50:41 AM »

That thing about the checks was a prank by Boston Joe.  And yeah, I've been paying to be unlisted since I moved to Oregon.  It's kind of nice, not having to turn my ringer off each night.
I would assume that your phone number is not even attached to your name or address either?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:05:45 AM »
I would assume that your phone number is not even attached to your name or address either?

No, my home number is attached to my real name and address.  So is my cell.  I just made them unlisted this time.  When I lived in Illinois, I had my home address on phonelosers.org for people to send t-shirt orders to and my number was in the phone book.  It was great when people would find my number and get all excited, claiming they totally pwn me and I could just reply, "Uh, I'm in the book book genius."