Author Topic: Bridge Security  (Read 29028 times)

Offline Reverend Greed

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +42/-7
Re: Bridge Security
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »
Lets do the math.  Notice how it's his "catch phrase?"  Also, why would a so-called-wanna-be-telecom company have a "minister of defence?"  Excellent.  Now repeat after me:  Sarcasm.

Thank you Mr. "I-look-like-John-Travolta's-Illegitimate-son"

Here's my sexy pic for ya. Buttsechs?

You're welcome.  However, your little pun was a bit vacuous.
Reboot America

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 04:45:46 AM »
I think this thread could use a little R&R in the junkyard.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 05:12:02 AM »
I swore that posts 23160 and 23164 were deleted. When did they come back?

Wino

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 06:24:27 AM »
Bridge security is a joke if there isn't any way to moderate it. Even if you're exclusive to whom you give the number, once someone who isn't trusted gets it it's gameover, go find a new room and repeat. Not to mention there are only so many room numbers, so they can be scanned (but that would take a HELL of a long time).

I like the way teleconferences are set up with an admin login and a user login, all based off of an 800 number. *shrug* That would be the ideal situation. But that's never going to happen :/

Moving providers would work as long as there's some way to moderate it, otherwise it's just picking random room numbers and hoping no one else finds it. Security through obscurity doesn't really work, or only works for a short while.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
Bridge security is a joke if there isn't any way to moderate it. Even if you're exclusive to whom you give the number, once someone who isn't trusted gets it it's gameover, go find a new room and repeat. Not to mention there are only so many room numbers, so they can be scanned (but that would take a HELL of a long time).

I like the way teleconferences are set up with an admin login and a user login, all based off of an 800 number. *shrug* That would be the ideal situation. But that's never going to happen :/

Moving providers would work as long as there's some way to moderate it, otherwise it's just picking random room numbers and hoping no one else finds it. Security through obscurity doesn't really work, or only works for a short while.

It worked back in 2004, right before all the busts happened. I can't tell you how many times we moved from the old 435 voicebridge to the 'secret' or 'the super secret' or the 'jersey'. Voicebridges are fucking lame and always will be.

Jay-D

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 07:56:53 PM »

It worked back in 2004, right before all the busts happened. I can't tell you how many times we moved from the old 435 voicebridge to the 'secret' or 'the super secret' or the 'jersey'. Voicebridges are fucking lame and always will be.

it sucks that you wont come on there anymore murd0c. I miss the lame arguments we used to have...... I always started it by calling you a "fat, crack-smoking-faggot"  then you'd retort with "yeah a dick is so gross, you have one attached to your body dumbass"

ahhhh the memories

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »

it sucks that you wont come on there anymore murd0c. I miss the lame arguments we used to have...... I always started it by calling you a "fat, crack-smoking-faggot"  then you'd retort with "yeah a dick is so gross, you have one attached to your body dumbass"

ahhhh the memories

Hahaha. I remember that. Good times, good times.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
I haven't been on the bridge in a while. The last time I was on was when PDX was actively flooding. Is he still around? or is there some new nemesis out there trying to steal our data bytes?
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
Somebody's usually toning by the time I call in.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
Somebody's usually toning by the time I call in.

Thanks for bringing this thread up. It made me see Greed's post at the top and realize how much I miss him :( :'(
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what I did to deserve being thanked in his farewell post... :-[
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what I did to deserve being thanked in his farewell post... :-[

You and me both...
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »
We Should use a Vent Server RB!
"Just shut up, Shut up now."