Author Topic: Bands That You Don't Like  (Read 2148 times)

zewb

Bands That You Don't Like
« on: August 17, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »
Come up with a list of bands you feel are crappy and/or overrated and give short descriptions of why you chose them. And by the way, this thread is a no-bitching zone; if you don't agree with someone, keep it to yourself.

• System of a Down: Hey, let's bitch about America and the evils of big business and capitalism and make millions off of it.
  • 50 Cent: Even before the attempted murder, he flowed like someone who got shot in the mouth.
  • Linkin Park: Take a 13 year old kid throwing a screaming fit fueled by teenage angst and combine it with a Chinese guy trying to rap.
  • Metallica: Lebowski was right.
  • Dream Theater: Now, I know a 27-minute-long guitar solo seems like something you'd want to listen to, but...
  • Flogging Molly: You're not the Pogues. Stop it.
  • KoRn: My guidance counselor always told me I'll never get anywhere in life if I don't put forth any amount of effort. KoRn proved him wrong.
  • Limp Bizkit: Too easy.
  • Creed: It's like a post-grunge bible study.
  • Rage Against the Machine: See System of a Down.
  • Nirvana: I need to hear this guy sing like I need a hole in the head. (rimshot)
  • Simple Plan: Another good reason to hate French Canadians.
  • Rammstein: YOU! YOU HAVE! YOU HAVE ME! YOU HAVE ME! YOU HAVE ME! YOU HAVE ME! YOU HAVE! YOU HAVE! YOU HAVE ME! YOU! YOU! YOU HAVE!
  • Tool: One time I accidentally dropped a bunch of forks into a running garbage disposal and a lot of teenagers showed up at my house mistakenly thinking Tool was in town.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:17:35 AM by zewb »

Offline mrpeanut

• PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-30
Re: Bands That You Don't Like
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:05 AM »
Wait you think of RATM and SYOD as one in the same?

Is the MC5 the same too?

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
I have to agree with Mr. Peanut. I don't really like RATM, but they're a lot better the System of a Down.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:31:24 PM »
Though I agree with most of your choices, I have to point out something about SOAD - they do come from a country that was socioeconomically destroyed by the Cold War, which was pretty much carried on by America in an effort to "Kill the Russkies, drink their blood, and make the world safe for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade".

The only two bands I can think of right now that I really dislike are all the "jam" bands - Dave Matthews and his ilk and Phish and their ilk. The Grateful Dead are dead. Get over it. Nobody wants to hear you spend an hour trying to work out a bridge just the way you like it unless you're either They Might Be Giants or Beck.

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 05:53:50 AM »
Oh lawd. Not Dave Matthews. I really don't like him or his music. Stupid African American
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:44:28 AM by MattGSX »