Author Topic: PLA voice menu bbs voicemail uh thingie  (Read 8807 times)

Offline akspa420

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
Re: PLA voice menu bbs voicemail uh thingie
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »
Hello, Brad!  (Get it?  Because I'm the only one who uses these forums?)  For over a week now I've been playing around with Asterisk stuff, but the really exciting stuff happened this morning when UPS delivered  my Linksys phone adapters.  I can now hook up 4 answering machines, or other archaic phone equipment, to my Asterisk box!  So far I've got 2 machines hooked up to it and I'm going to visit a few thrift stores tonight to search for a couple more old machines.

The phone numbers to connect are 425-243-7565 and 505-796-5789.  The 425 is a Google Voice line and it only allows 1 connection at a time.  The 505 number is with Flowroute and it allows 2 connections.  I'm paying around $8/month for Flowroute, so I'm hoping to find a better deal on that.  At the very least, I'd like to accept a few more calls at a time on a single phone line.  Or maybe I'll just hook up a dozen Google Voice lines, who knows.

Turns out that nobody has made a voice BBS for asterisk like I was hoping to set up.  So it looks like I'm going to be attempting to put together my own FreePBX module.  Hopefully I can get started on that soon.

Here is a picture of the answering machines and other miscellaneous crap I have hooked up right now.  I also posted it on Twitter, in case you're a weirdo who hates Facebook.

I called, but theN has already hacked the machines I tried.

Offline N01zii

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • 21st Century Phreakin'
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 02:50:18 PM »
Allow you to enter a number and have it be forwarded through that, so the ID shows up as Dino or something haha. Only like three forwards per day per person though, so it doesn't get abused /too/ much.

Offline xyzqwa

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • Telnet User
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
I like the idea of having a random number being bridged in. Then considering the fact that people could use that as an excuse to threten others kind of ruins it.

Offline xhausted110

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »
hey brad, you might want to think about connecting your box to cnet (https://ckts.info) or project mf (projectmf.org) if you ever need help hard-coding extensions.conf, just ask me, I'm pretty good at it.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »
Hey Brad, have you ever seen this? Just another of the many cool things and throwbacks one can do with asterisk.

http://www.projectmf.org/
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »
Yeah I plan to take a look at their code to see how they're accepting 2600Hz tones.  I want to set up blue box and red box stuff on mine.

Offline kuraz

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
i always hated those stupid forums. they will never replace usenet.
i also setup asterisk once but the biggest achievement with that were over thousand days uptime.