Author Topic: WeakNet Linux Version 2.0 Final June 5th!  (Read 5094 times)

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
WeakNet Linux Version 2.0 Final June 5th!
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
Just in case anyone here still follows my code..

There are updates on my site for charity, I have been working on a lot of stuff with Johnny Long and we came up with a few good ideas..  I am still giving WNLAv2 Final away for free at release, most likely via torrent though.  And i am going to be selling physical media to support kids in need in Uganda Africa. 

I WILL NOT be making ANY monetary gain from this; there will be a minimum donation if you want this mailed to you though.  This money gets divided for shipping, cost of media, and the rest goes to charity for Hackersforcharity.org (the informer). 

I have sunk a lot of time and effort into the development of this operating system, yet I am not going to be an asshole like the creators of other Enlightenment enriched OS's.  I don't want money.  But it would make me feel better if you donated to the kids in need.  WeakNet Labs started out as nothing, and we received a lot of donations from people around the U.S. and are extremely thankful for this.  For without you, we wouldn't be what we are (who ever knows what that is really) today. 

WNLA v2 Final is free, don't let this letter scare you!! i still love you guys!! Just help out if you can!!

Think about it,  I worked really hard to make a sexy OS to give you free, if you send some cash, you get (at least a DVD or USB drive) and you help kids in dire need of not only food but computers for their schools, houses, etc.  AND since this is a Hacker related charity, we are helping the hackers all over the world get a good name for themselves.  We can help the world to understand that the word "hacker" is NOT a bad word.  So, thanks everyone, I will keep you all posted on updates..

<3

Offline sabrebutt

• Toothpaste Salesperson
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-5
  • Ask me about my smile.
Re: WeakNet Linux Version 2.0 Final June 5th!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
I would be more than happy to support the kids in africa, but do I have to use your distro?

:nonsense: :nonsense: ;)

Just kidding. Put me down for 3

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »
hahahaha i just realised that this is like standing in front of a moving bus with a fluffy bunny suit on..

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »
S'cool. I'm all for helping to clean up a tarnished name. But the organization it'll be going through, how much of the cash would the kids themselves be getting? Sort of like all those charity commercials you see where only 20 cents out of every DOLLAR (20/100 for those who don't understand) goes to the kids.

Either way, I guess I can save my self a single DVD RW and force you to mail me one by holding you to your word over a donation. Oh Christ. I'm going to donate a dollar every other day. Out of some confused spite.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
YAY!

Well, so far 2 orders were placed! w00t!

go to http://weaknetlabs.com/linux/

and place your orders today!

(will ship June 5th).

<3

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:37 AM »
Here is a mini 1000 (1120NR) which all drivers were fine (including sound) save for the wifi and network card.  so weird, eh? like what kind of cards are used in these netbooks anyways? 
I am sure once i get all drivers for eee's, hp's, dell mini's, etc into version 3, it wont be hard to make it Netbook ready at all.  I mean i am actually surprised at the amount of hardrware that instantly works (out of the box).

looks and feels better than the eee, i like the longer shift key (as i am a coder) and the keys are bigger in general, the mouse isnt so damn sensitive and the overall size is considerably smaller!
so i bought the mini.  whoops.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »

everything worked right out of the box besides ethernet and wifi.  not sure what kind of NIC is in this eeepc (it's not mine, i haven't bought one yet, but i am).
Iam sure i can get those working from the ubuntu forums, they have howto's for everything it seems like:

Here's a thread bout some things: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1106542