Author Topic: Nintendo DS GAMES the Latest news!!  (Read 6785 times)

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
Re: Nintendo DS GAMES the Latest news!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
Wow professor Layton was a cool game, get it!
And now some platformers:

Kirby Canvas Curse (my absolute favorite DS game) good music, cute graphics, cool sounds, and LOADS of stuff to unlock.
Super Princess Peach, not bad really, kinda repetitive though.
Yoshi's Island 2 DS - great game!! I was  HUGE fan of the Super Nintendo game, this is a very faithful sequel-port.
New Super Mario Bros - what can I say? it rocked with loads of cool unlockable shit.
Kirby Squeak Squad - awesome to be kirby with legs again!
Drawn to life - quite artistic, I made my main character look like Jason Voorhees.
Rocket Slime Dragon Quest - The tank battles are what make the game.. the sounds/music/etc are great
lego star wars complete series - fun and well.. gimecky fun.
TMNT - good graphics for a DS platformer!
castlevania - Dawn of sorrow - got old fast.
castlevania - Portrait of ruin - had cool new aspects but got old fast.  BOTH are worth playing though the first time through its great
but no good replay value.

Pac n' roll - quite a cool concept, grabbing and rolling the lil guy, almost similar to the beautiful Canvas Curse. (but not a s beautiful)
Franklins Great Adventure - turtles are nasty animals that smell funky in half water filled fish tanks in metallica fan's bedrooms, or running around the rotting sewers looking for pizza, Franklin makes that all better by being so cute and happy :)
Scurge Hive - Neat concept (very Sega(y))
Tak - have it on my DS but havent played it yet! 

Hey thats a cool idea list all the games on your DS right now!! x)

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
Well, Today Square-Enix presented us with a great game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals - Ring of Fate.
I made a video a long time ago when the JPN ROM dump was available here:

[youtube=425,350]cFIkhk6PNNU[/youtube]

The game controls are quite nice, reminds me of Tao's Magical Adventure.  You use the D-Pad to run around and fight in Real Time Strategy.
The graphics are nice, The voice overs are childrens voices, but in the "Settings Menu" you can turn down the voices.  (I sure hope the voices on the release of FFIV are a bit better) but, all in all, this is a great DS Game with nice graphics and well, if you liked the original version you will like this one.
I dont recommend buying it until you have seen the footage either on Youtube or IGN of the game play and well, I just don't recommend things because everyone's taste is different.  - Check it out!

:) :)

EDIT: from playing this game more and more, I can say, it has a World of Warcraft felling to it.  Like, the real time fighting, the 3D architecture/controls, The items menus and such, leveling up and such etc etc..  And it's quite addictive.  This game really r0x. :)

EDIT: yeah 5 hours into it, it's a great game! There's some sad cut scenes, the game play is still fun etc, but it changes a lot.  the magic spells you do are captive meaning they change screens cos you have to direct magic right to the foe with the touch screen.  But, that's the only bad part - everything else about this is awesome.  they even remade the prelude theme from all the other Final Fantasies.  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:27:42 AM by trevelyn »

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 07:17:48 AM »
Note: If you use a flash cart that patches the rom before running it (or you have to patch it), you will only get 20 minutes of gameplay. SquareEnix found a way to check the size of the program while it is running, and if it varies from what the system says, it will "kill" the session (it sends you to a "thanks for playing!" screen). Most flash cart companies have already released a patch in the firmware to bypass this, but just to give you that heads up. It looks like game makers are finally trying to make it harder to steal their games.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
wholly shit that sucks man!  omg that sucks, omg...  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »
Summon Night doesnt play in the M3 Real :(

Kitsunexus

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
i've found that if i mount my card in OS X it gets confused and saves ".stuff.nds" files.  even if i empty the trash and delete them manually and eject the card properly.. so weird :( whatever, so far the Summon Night ROM is the only one i can't get to work.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
KORG DS-10, the only reason to own a DS.

http://www.aqi.co.jp/product/ds10/en/index.html

http://kotaku.com/369476/yay-korgs-ds+10-synthesizer-isnt-japan-only

I hope to Christ that someone has successfully pirated this by now. I might have to dust off the DS and see if I can run this.

Also, Trev, BACK YOUR SHIT UP FIRST, but i think if you try running the r4 firmware on your M3, it may work, since the Revolution team is better about game-backup related firmware updates. Or just update your M3 firmware. w/e

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »
yeah i saw theres a new firmware update like every couple of rom releases or so, heh. so far, the only game i cant get working is HULK, every other one is now fully functional.