Author Topic: Shmoocon  (Read 56709 times)

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
Re: Shmoocon
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 10:12:08 PM »
If enough of us are going, and we losers fail to get tickets, we could maybe throw our own OMGHAXcon out in the parking lot or a nearby diner or something.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 11:14:42 PM »
If enough of us are going, and we losers fail to get tickets, we could maybe throw our own OMGHAXcon out in the parking lot or a nearby diner or something.

will the diner sell scrambled eggs?  i hope the diner sells scrambled eggs.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 01:23:06 AM »

Can it be in a back alley, preferably after dark?  That would be best for me.

That sucks that tickets seem to be so difficult to come by.  Especially for me since I like to wait until the last minute to plan/buy anything.  They should allowed unlimited numbers of people to attend so that it's overcrowded and unpleasant, just like Defcon.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
From Wikipedia:

February 15-17, 2008: [Shmoocon] sold out in 30 seconds for general admission and another 10 minutes for the ILoveShmoo cons entering 2008 on January 1 at over 1200 attendees

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
i might come, only if people peer pressure me enough. death threats work best.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
i won't make any death threats, but i will promise that if you come, i'll try to make something Even More Awesome than the Safety Dance Helmet you made at HOPE.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 01:41:51 PM »
They should allowed unlimited numbers of people to attend so that it's overcrowded and unpleasant, just like Defcon.
We can always rush the gates and make that happen.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
> 25 Early Bird ($75 ea)
> 100 Open Registration ($150 ea)
> 30 I love ShmooCon ($300 ea)

Ack.  Shmoocon is sort of expensive.  Those are the 2007 prices.  And they don't put the ticket prices up until December or January?  That sucks because if I purchased an airline ticket right now, it would be $250 - $300.  But I don't want to buy an airline ticket without knowing if I can even manage to get a Shmoocon ticket.  And if I wait til January for that, my airline ticket is going to cost even more.  This is all stupid.  Why can't they just sell tickets at the door like any other con?

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »
> 25 Early Bird ($75 ea)

Ack.  Shmoocon is sort of expensive.  Those are the 2007 prices.  And they don't put the ticket prices up until December or January?  That sucks because if I purchased an airline ticket right now, it would be $250 - $300.  But I don't want to buy an airline ticket without knowing if I can even manage to get a Shmoocon ticket.  And if I wait til January for that, my airline ticket is going to cost even more.  This is all stupid.  Why can't they just sell tickets at the door like any other con?

Ack is right. I can't afford to pay $300 dollars for a con.

Luckily for me, I don't need to buy a plane ticket or anything.

But still, that's expensive.

"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline spsmckintra

• You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-18
  • In Algeria, heroin lives in police evidence locker
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 05:35:42 AM »
Brad,
     Why are WE putting $ in these peoples pockets? PLA should be sponsoring their own cons and having other people giving us THEIR money and time. maybe we could get some major players to sponsor for the room, food,etc. ?
-All information located on this site is the property of Phone Losers of America INC. Besides all that copyright bullshit, if you even THINK about stealing from us you will be beat-in with your own cact-us!

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 06:07:09 AM »
> 25 Early Bird ($75 ea)

Ack is right. I can't afford to pay $300 dollars for a con.

Luckily for me, I don't need to buy a plane ticket or anything.

But still, that's expensive.

Yeah expensive but, it would be nice to meet other PLAers for once.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 07:40:50 AM »
Brad,
     Why are WE putting $ in these peoples pockets? PLA should be sponsoring their own cons and having other people giving us THEIR money and time. maybe we could get some major players to sponsor for the room, food,etc. ?

For me, it wouldn't be worth the effort, time and money to try and start up my own con.  I'd rather pay the $150 because I'm sure I would pay more than that try to get a con going.  I'm used to cons costing under $100, though.  I remember the good ole days when Defcon was $40.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Shmoocon just because of the ticket issues.  I guess I could just do like RTF said and show up without a badge and we could all meet somewhere else.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
im with rtf/rogue/brad im going no matter what, i've needed a vacation for the last ~5 years.

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »
I'm up for going and meeting you all somewhere nearby, even if I can't get tickets.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline DBK

• Gay people love stereotypes!
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-8
  • TELECOM-MUPISSED OFF@! HAR HAR
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »
Seems to me that we really should just throw our own parking lot con.