Author Topic: Queen/Queen + Paul Rodgers  (Read 2118 times)

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
Queen/Queen + Paul Rodgers
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Is there anyone here who likes Queen (Freddie Mercury era)? I first got hooked on Queen when I bought their concert DVD, Queen On Fire: Live at the Bowl. Then I got Innuendo and Night at the Opera. I managed to get all their studio and live albums including Greatest Hits III, where they did a nice remix of Under Pressure with David Bowie.

A few years back they teamed up with Paul Rodgers and released a concert DVD, Return Of The Champions. They billed themselves as Queen + Paul Rodgers. However John Deacon retired from the band leaving Brian May and Roger Taylor. They're going to be putting out a new album by September.

They release a track from it called Say It's Not True available for free download. I can't wait for their album to come out to see what it's like.

What your opinion about Q+PR?

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: Queen/Queen + Paul Rodgers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
Queen is pretty cool. In seventh grade I got the greatest hits album for my birthday and I think it's probably the only CD I own.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
Re: Queen/Queen + Paul Rodgers
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
Old thread I know, but I had avoided listening to Queen and Paul Rogers until now.  Now that I've heard a bunch of their stuff with Paul, it has made me very sad.

I grew up listening to Queen.  The first album I ever bought was A Night at the Opera.  I'm a lifetime fan, but the new guy just fails to recapture any of the charm of the original, and I miss John Deacon as well.

If Queen wanted to do new stuff they could have maybe done what they did on the tribute to Freddie show and have different people come in for different songs, but this just does not do it for me at all.  It's like a Queen cover band happened to be playing at some dive bar that Brian May and Roger Taylor just so happened to be getting drunk at, and badgered them into coming onstage with them.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |