Author Topic: Why LordNod hates Mexicans  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
Why LordNod hates Mexicans
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »
I'm not racist. I'm nationalist. There are TONS of Argentinians here. They don't speak great English but they generally speak the language well enough to get by. There are TONS of Romanians here. Most of them don't speak perfect English but they generally speak the language fairly well. My problem isn't with Mexicans. They're actually the majority here. Their kids compose 51% of our school system. My problem is with Mexicans who refuse to assimilate even the tiniest bit. I get that they have their own culture but I think if they're going to live and work in this country they should at least try to learn some of the language and customs. I'm not saying they can't have their own culture, which is what they try to argue here. I'm saying that it's common courtesy that if you're going to be living and working in another country you should at least learn the language. I'll never go to Germany to live and work. Know why? 'Cause I don't speak German and everyone there would call me an asshole if I expected them to learn English just to convenience me. I'll never go to Israel to live and work. Know why? 'Cause I don't speak a word of Hebrew. I'll never live and work in France either. Know why? 'Cause they're a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys that pussy out over a little air space after America saved their asses twice. Plus, I don't speak Frog. I think that it's a completely douchebag move to go into ANY COUNTRY and absolutely refuse to so much as learn the language. Imagine I move to Quebec  (Legally or illegally) and never bother to learn French. Then I get an American wife who doesn't speak French either. We live and work there for years barely able to with anyone. Then we have a kid. We don't speak any French so we teach the child to speak English. Then said child gets old enough to enter kindergarten and we send him off to a school who's primary language is French and expect them to just teach it to him. Of course the kids test scores are going to be low because it's all in French and English is the only language at home. Now imagine that happening on a MASSIVE SCALE. I don't hate Mexicans. I hate anyone that moves into this country and expects me to learn their language and culture to convenience them. That's bullshit. I'm sorry if that offends you but that's just how I think. I don't think it's fair that I've spent my whole life speaking English, which is a BEAUTIFUL language, and learning it's nuances and now I'm supposed to learn Spanish? Not going to happen. Not in this lifetime.

I'm not against learning a second language. I'm against being forced into it just because a shit ton of people decided their country sucked and moved here. If Mexico sucks so bad why the fuck are they so worried about it's customs and language? Also, they wipe their asses and throw the shitty toilet paper on the bathroom floor because they can't flush it down the toilet in Mexico. Guess what faggots? YOU'RE NOT IN FUCKING MEXICO ANYMORE!

Way to completely twist my post into something it wasn’t. You’re not the only one who’s family came over to the Western Hemisphere from Europe not speaking English either. Mine came over here from Germany to escape persecution from a bunch of ignorant fucks who wanted to kill them and perform science experiments on their corpses. Maybe you’ve heard of them. They were called Nazis. When they got here they didn’t speak a word of English but they worked their asses off and were at least able to communicate with the community around them. Not that it did much good seeing as how the area they moved to in Indiana was almost as racist as the place they had come from*. I have nothing against foreigners. America is a nation built on the backs of immigrants. My problem is with foreigners who make no attempt whatsoever to try and be part of the country they’ve moved to. There’s a guy that works at the diner across the street from the store I work at and he comes in every day. He’s Mexican and speaks poor English at best but he TRIES. I respect him for that and when he comes in he’ll bring me new stuff now and again or point at something and ask “Como se dice en Ingles?“ I don’t expect everyone in the world the speak perfect English but I don’t think it’s an unfair expectation that if they move to a country who’s predominate language is English for them to learn the language. Maybe not all of it, but at least enough where they can go into the gas station and say fifteen bucks on pump five instead of just handing over the money and pointing and repeating it over and over in their own language. I never said it was easy to assimilate. Once again though, it’s not an unfair expectation to want them to try. I don’t hate Mexicans or foreigners. My roommate, the one in the bedroom right next to mine, is Mexican. If I hated Mexicans that wouldn’t happen. My problem is with people who would move into a country and not even TRY to learn the language. Granted English probably isn’t the easiest second language to pick up but I think they should at least try. You probably don’t see much of this in your part of the country but here, where Mexicans are the majority, there are a large number of them who absolutely refuse to even try to learn English. They just expect everyone else to learn Spanish and I don’t think that’s fair. I’m not the only one either. A lot of the people of Mexican descent who were born here refer to the Mexicans who come here and don’t learn English as wetbacks and beaners. Are they xenophobic against their own people? Or is it more likely that they think it’s a fair expectation for foreigners to at least attempt to learn the language? I’m not against immigration (I am against illegal immigration though. I don’t care what country it is.) or people getting visas to live and work here. Hell, I think America should welcome more people from out of the country into our colleges. It’s important to the diversity of our nation that our students be exposed to persons of from other nations. I am against people from any country coming here and not even trying to be part of it. I’m sure you’re grand parents wanted to be part of their new country more than anything and had they been given a chance would have made every possible effort to assimilate and become proud citizens. You said they spoke poor English. Bully for them. That’s a lot more than what the people I’m talking about are doing. I’m not talking about them though. I’m talking about the reconquistadors and the people who don’t care to try to become Americans. Nobody is keeping these people from assimilating. They’re choosing not to. We’re not in the 1930’s anymore. Most American’s, including myself, aren’t against immigrants or immigration. We just don’t think we should have to completely abandon our own culture and customs to accommodate these new people. I want you to move to Italy to live and work. Don’t speak any Italian. Don’t learn any of their customs. Treat the people who have lived there their entire lives like idiots and get frustrated with them because they won’t learn English to accommodate you. Then see what they think of you. They’ll probably think you’re an asshole. As they should, because if you aren’t willing to at least try then you probably are. I never said all Mexicans are bad or anything of that nature. All I said was that there are a large number of them who refuse to assimilate either because they don’t want to or because they want to make America an extension of Mexico. If you think that’s just a paranoid delusion then you should do a little research. In Chicago on July 27, 1997, then Mexican President Ernesto Zedilla told LaRaza, "I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders." He announced a Mexican constitutional amendment that purports to allow Mexicans to retain their Mexican nationality even though they become U.S. citizens (which is contrary to the U.S. naturalization oath). 

In summation, I’m not against immigration. I’m against people coming to this country and not even attempting to assimilate. I know a lot of immigrants from many nations. For some reason this part of Colorado is popular with them. We have several nations of Africans. There’s a FUCK TON of people from the several nations that used to make up the USSR. We have French and Portuguese and Mexican and Argentines and more. This little section of Colorado I live in is the perfect example of a melting pot and I’m happy about that. It is, and always has been, what has made this a great country. However, there are a lot of people that refuse to even try to assimilate and I don’t think that’s right. I think that it’s only fair that if you move to any country, not just America, ANY COUNTRY, that you should at least attempt to learn the language that is predominate. That’s not xenophobia. It’s common sense.

Also, the first post, the one about going to Canada. That was hyperbole. Apparently nobody was familiar with that kind of concept so it was entirely missed. Anyhow, I’m done with this thread. You can hate me and think I’m a moron if you want. The day I give a shit what anyone else thinks is the day I find a playground full of school children, scream at them “IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!” and proceed to blow my brains out in the goriest manner possible. You’ve all missed the point of every post I’ve made in this thread so I’m not going to bother after this. Linear was right about context. It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Apparently none of you, including Linear was able to read the context of my posts. All you saw was “OMG DATS RAYSISTS! WTFOMGBBQ!?!?!” instead of actually reading the text that was there and seeing the point I was making. If you can’t read a post and comprehend it’s content and see it’s meaning that doesn’t make me the moron.

*When I was in fifth grade one of my aunts came to live with us for a while. She was the daughter of my mother’s father and his second wife who is Thai. She was with us for all of two weeks before she found a zebra on her locker. For those not in the know, a zebra is a racist term for someone who’s races are mixed.  That same night, in the corn field across the street from the duplex we were renting at the time, a cross was burned. There were signs of overt racism everywhere. I got to see it a little more firsthand in high school. I never really told anyone I was Jewish then because it was common to hear “Mrs. So and So is a total Jew.” or “I kiked him down on the price.” in the hallways. The word Jewish was used like the word gay is used today to describe anyone or anything bad.

Discuss.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Why LordNod hates Mexicans
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
OMG YOU COPY AND PASTED THAT WORD FOR WORD (I assume.)! You really pwned me there.

Also, so you don't have to read all that, I'm including a tl;dr version.

Lord Nod doesn't hate Mexicans. Lord Nod does think that those who move into a country to live and work should at least put forth an effort to assimilate. You wouldn't move to France and not learn French because you aren't an asshole. That's it. All those posts say exactly that. OVER AND OVER.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:59:18 PM by LordNod »
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »
My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself. lord nod is a jew.
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »
Americans are hypersensitive and childishly fearful of some sort of SPANISH INVASION!@#

My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself. irony.

actually, his point was that it's racist of them damn "beaners" to market a product with that name to us whitefolk, so he's going to make "wetback salsa" to show them who's boss.

Which was somehow grepped from...

Made me wonder if MY product "Wetback Willies Refried Beans" would have the same chance of making it to the supermarket shelves?

???

(It's because they are taught the only reason a white person would be offended at racism directed towards whites is because it's a threat to their position of power, not because racism is inherently offensive, regardless of race.)

Imagine I move to Quebec  (Legally or illegally) and never bother to learn French. Then I get an American wife who doesn't speak French either. We live and work there for years barely able to with anyone. Then we have a kid. We don't speak any French so we teach the child to speak English. Then said child gets old enough to enter kindergarten and we send him off to a school who's primary language is French and expect them to just teach it to him. Of course the kids test scores are going to be low because it's all in French and English is the only language at home. Now imagine that happening on a MASSIVE SCALE.

Quoted because I could.

In Virginia (where I live) you can't get an advanced diploma if you don't pass at least 2 foreign language classes in high school.

I had to take 1 year of foreign language and took French. (And to those of you snickering at the uselessness of my choice, my decision to take French in high school led to my decision to take French in college which led to a class trip where we toured the French countryside and multiple chateau before spending a weekend in Paris. Useless, indeed.)

PS The thing about education requirements isn't related to immigration. There IS a minor movement in education circles to re-specialize education (why should engineers have to do 2 years of totally useless gen-eds just so they seem "well rounded" at cocktail parties?). But you do the movement a disservice if you go around saying that it's because of the mexicans. Get real.

College != High School. High school teaches you to be useful (and a whole slew of things you later learn were wrong) but nothing more.

Mine came over here from Germany to escape persecution from a bunch of ignorant fucks who wanted to kill them and perform science experiments on their corpses.

Not just on corpses, but on live people too without anesthetic. They used to do vivisections on infants, induce hypothermia, give electric shocks, and all sorts of other nasty shit.

I’m talking about the reconquistadors and the people who don’t care to try to become Americans.

Yes, it's probably not gonna happen but it doesn't do well for the racial climate to have disturbers conjuring up more trouble. Apologists will say it's our own damn fault and defend them, which is neither here nor there since that sentiment only enables the perpetuation and it and doesn't actually solve anything.

The United States has a policy put into place to control how many people immigrate legally. This is set up so their earnings can be taxed back into the infrastructure (Schools, roads, etc.) they are using and control overcrowding. When you have an influx as we have had with illegal immigration as we have, it strains the system.

Look at California, for example. Hospitals are closing, schools are overcrowded and people are fleeing the state. If I was a Californian, I would have left a long time ago, situation permitting.

The OMG YOU HATE BROWN PEOPLE angle is a red herring played by race baiters. Their race is INCIDENTAL. Their geography is not. It makes me so sad and frustrated that a serious discussion can not be had because of the deliberate use of thought-stopping manipulations in an effort to shame people into silence.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
OMG! RATIONAL THOUGHT! I wasn't expecting that at all.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:28:24 PM »
Ha! I'm better than all of you! My grandpa moved here from England, so that means I'm pure. In your face, Jews and Mexicans and all the rest of ya. Hahaha ha ha.

Unless you happen to be English, too. In that case, fancy some fish and chips?

---
But on a more serious note: If you want to live in America and NOT speak English, that should be your right because America is a free nation. But in my opinion putting no effort whatsoever into learning the language of the country you live in makes you a prick. And if you want to be a prick, don't expect the rest of us to have to learn your language just so we know whether or not you want fries with that at the drive thru.

And if an english speaker wants to learn a second language, that's fine. But it shouldn't be something they HAVE to do, especially when it comes to who goes to the best college, who gets promoted in their job first, etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:30:54 PM by Magus »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
I just never leave the house so I don't have to worry about seeing any nationalities.  I'm so smart.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »
---
But on a more serious note: If you want to live in America and NOT speak English, that should be your right because America is a free nation. But in my opinion putting no effort whatsoever into learning the language of the country you live in makes you a prick. And if you want to be a prick, don't expect the rest of us to have to learn your language just so we know whether or not you want fries with that at the drive thru.

How is it that Magus got my point but the rest of you didn't? Except for the college thing. I'm all for people learning a second language. I just want them to be able to pick which language. Me? I'd learn German, Yiddish or Hebrew.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline sabrebutt

• Toothpaste Salesperson
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-5
  • Ask me about my smile.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Can't we all just go back to being proud of our are codes?

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 06:19:08 PM »
Sounds good to me.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
*Ahem*
Fish and chips anyone?

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »
This thread is now about Magus being a limey faggot. GB2BRITAIN!
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »
When I worked at the call center I used to get calls on french call in lines from english only speaking people who were always very relived to find I could understand them. I think it would really suck to live in a place where everybody speaks the same language but you, and don't really see why the fuck anybody would want to in the first place. 
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »
Assimilating culture is stupid! immigrants are great because they bring their food with them. Mexicans brought Tacos and Italians brought Pizza and the Greeks have greek salad etc. It would be really boring if everyone just assimilated to be unhyphenated Americans. We'd just be eating burgers and fries for every meal.

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
lulz.

all this because people don't know the etymology of "gringo."

morons.