Author Topic: Giving your enemies speeding tickets  (Read 8100 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Giving your enemies speeding tickets
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:19:40 PM »
from http://www.thesentinel.com/302730670790449.php:

As a prank, students from local high schools have been taking advantage of the county's Speed Camera Program in order to exact revenge on people who they believe have wronged them in the past, including other students and even teachers.

Students from Richard Montgomery High School dubbed the prank the Speed Camera "Pimping" game, according to a parent of a student enrolled at one of the high schools.

Originating from Wootton High School, the parent said, students duplicate the license plates by printing plate numbers on glossy photo paper, using fonts from certain websites that "mimic" those on Maryland license plates. They tape the duplicate plate over the existing plate on the back of their car and purposefully speed through a speed camera, the parent said. The victim then receives a citation in the mail days later.

Students are even obtaining vehicles from their friends that are similar or identical to the make and model of the car owned by the targeted victim, according to the parent.

"This game is very disturbing," the parent said. "Especially since unsuspecting parents will also be victimized through receipt of unwarranted photo speed tickets.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
Re: Giving your enemies speeding tickets
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »
That reminds me of this prank.

Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed camera van operating in the area.

Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day. Meanwhile, the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and unscrewed its numberplate.

After bidding the van operator goodbye, the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed -17 times. As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline Loosecannon

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »
I would do this if the town I lived in had more than one stop light.
and that's why you don't fuck with time!

Offline Tenorclefninja

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-13
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »

Would this work with ezpass?
Thank you sir may i have another...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »

Good idea!  I'm sure it would work, assuming the police don't actually chase you down immediately after you run through a toll.

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:33:54 PM »

Good idea!  I'm sure it would work, assuming the police don't actually chase you down immediately after you run through a toll.

If you tried this at a ezpass, it would kinda depend of if there is a cop car stationed there or not.  So would involve part luck.   I would sure hate to get pulled over with a fake license plate, im guessing since it would be a decent amount of trouble.  But i could be wrong since im too lazy to try to look up the penalty for this  ;D

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
As a person who goes through EZ-Pass alot without paying; usually a cop will not come after you. Usually around 4 days later you'll get a $20-50 ticket in the mail.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:34 PM »
As a person who goes through EZ-Pass alot without paying; usually a cop will not come after you. Usually around 4 days later you'll get a $20-50 ticket in the mail.
You know for changing such a high toll amount, the Kansas turn pike has pretty crappy roads. Do you know if they mail out tickets to vehicles bearing out of state plates?

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline Tenorclefninja

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-13
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 05:04:20 PM »

Yeah that makes sense, especially since the GSP sends you a $55 ticket if you dont pay the 70cent toll in the change lane. Speeding and going through the ezpass lane would be far more I bet.
Thank you sir may i have another...

Offline trotfox5

• Geek
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-9
  • (i use safari anyway ;)
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »
You know for changing such a high toll amount, the Kansas turn pike has pretty crappy roads. Do you know if they mail out tickets to vehicles bearing out of state plates?
Same in PA the northeast extension is fine but the regular turnpike is shit. only two lanes on either side. ANd to make this post more relevant, i'd like to say that in pa there is always a cop stationed at the MAJOR EZ-pass stops. In more rural northern PA there is virtually no security.
<cactus>I like to cactus people
Thats why I'm here</cactus>

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
Same in PA the northeast extension is fine but the regular turnpike is shit. only two lanes on either side. ANd to make this post more relevant, i'd like to say that in pa there is always a cop stationed at the MAJOR EZ-pass stops. In more rural northern PA there is virtually no security.

Those PA HWY Patroller guys wont come after you, EZ-Pass sends you the ticket automatically. They don't give a shit about some asshole stealing $3.75 of toll.

Offline trotfox5

• Geek
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-9
  • (i use safari anyway ;)
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »

Those PA HWY Patroller guys wont come after you, EZ-Pass sends you the ticket automatically. They don't give a shit about some asshole stealing $3.75 of toll.
I never said they would i just said they were there.
<cactus>I like to cactus people
Thats why I'm here</cactus>