Author Topic: Question; paintball guns.  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
Re: Question; paintball guns.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »
Have you consider buying a tranquilizer gun?

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
the onyl problem with that is that paintball guns are quit loud so I suggest going to www.sirmailorder.com and ordering a recon marker, and buying the silencer kit.... comes complete with NVGs

The louder the better, I mean the goal is to scare the crap out of them and make them run away.  I mean whats scaryer than hearing shots go off, then feeling a sharp pain in the side of your head?  Not much, especially in the middle of the night.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
but then:

a) you give away your position
b) neighbors call the police (that arive 2 hours later)
c)Paintball guns are not that loud in the first place
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Dr P4nyk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 06:04:50 PM »
Just hope that the thief doesn't retaliate with a real gun.

Car stealing rock-paper-scissors: paint beats criminal, loses to beretta. Criminal also loses to beretta.

Yeah...Beretta did that shit.

P4nyk

Offline Dr P4nyk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 06:08:21 PM »
Have you thought of a tazer?  That would immobilise them so you can call the cops.

P4nyk

Offline onetwofive

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • oktavamk319->tubepre->PC->skype->yourgrandmother
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 09:39:29 PM »
Tazer; naw... considered it, but found out that the actual guns like the cops use cost about 400 dollars, plus there's only one good chance of hitting your mark.  The handheld units seem far too ineffective, since I wish to be far away.

The louder the better, I mean the goal is to scare the crap out of them and make them run away.  I mean whats scaryer than hearing shots go off, then feeling a sharp pain in the side of your head?  Not much, especially in the middle of the night.

-that's somewhat of my thinking.  If I'm tucked away neatly in my house, firing though the vent in the peak, nobody doing something they shouldn't will have any idea what's happening.  You're breaking into a car; adrenaline is pumping, and suddenly you hear a noise; doesn't matter what kind of noise it is, it's just there.  Before you have time to put anything in perspective, there's a sharp pain somewhere, be it the head, leg, whatever.  I'm equating it to how I suppose I would get when I go beige boxing, or just random acts of tresspassing (not saying that I do or have done either of those).  (I'd imagine) the nerves get so tense, you find yourself battling between playing it cool, and freaking out at every little thing.  Getting shot with a paintball while hypothetically tucked right next to a telco box would probably cause me to shit myself and, you guessed it, run like hell.

Anyway, I'm operating on a budget of about 100 dollars here.  I didn't get the chance to make it out to any sporting good stores today, er, yesterday- and I'd rather not go in blindly. 'GenRik_pHreaK' seems to know paintball, and I'm sure someone else here does too.  What would be a good solid performer in that price range?  I'd prefer something semi-auto, or automatic, if that's available and cheap enough.

Offline GenRik_pHreaK

• "UnderGround NetWork, Alternative Communication"
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
  • "Todays Fone Lines Are No Longer Svelte"
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 05:42:44 AM »
don't go with an automatic paintball gun, way too innacurate... DO NOT buy a paintball gun from wal-mart if you fire them fast (most are semi atuo and this applies with there autos as well.) The gun will get clogged,  and end up exploding in your face causing minor-serious injuries depending on whaere the you get hit. You could probably go out to a local paintball club/place and buy a used one there for cheap.
"I Hate Milleniums... It Just Makes It Harder For Lazy Phreaks"

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
don't go with an automatic paintball gun, way too innacurate... DO NOT buy a paintball gun from wal-mart if you fire them fast (most are semi atuo and this applies with there autos as well.) The gun will get clogged,  and end up exploding in your face causing minor-serious injuries depending on whaere the you get hit. You could probably go out to a local paintball club/place and buy a used one there for cheap.

I have never, EVER, heard of that happening. Frankly, I don't believe you, and for a couple reasons. One, sales and PR: if this happens consistently, the company would come under so many suits that it would melt in the summer heat. The gun would be recalled. Two, physics. What gets clogged that would cause the gun to explode? Paintballs? My gun has clogged a couple times, and all that happens is it stops shooting. Even with plastic guns, it would take a pretty good deal of pressure to cause the chamber to explode, and it seems more probable that it would shatter rather than erupt, as the guns are made of multiple pieces.

Paintball masks are designed to take quite a beating, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 08:03:23 AM by frog »
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline GenRik_pHreaK

• "UnderGround NetWork, Alternative Communication"
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
  • "Todays Fone Lines Are No Longer Svelte"
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »
I talked to quite a few SA at wal-marts and they all agreed that the paintball guns are unsafe at wal-mart but the percentage of people that get hurt is low, but theres always the chance. and if you want a paintball with good aim, you'll probably want to get a better one than whats available at any wal-mart.
"I Hate Milleniums... It Just Makes It Harder For Lazy Phreaks"

Offline Alpha Omicron

• Beige Boxer Supreme
  • Eldery & Confused PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-6
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »
if your marker is chopping, just squeegee out the barrel after each round.

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 11:16:12 AM »
Know what just accured to me?  This is probably a really bad idea.  If your car is parked on the street, then the theif is going to be breaking into the driver side door most likely.  If you shoot and him and miss just one paintball, then your going to get paint all over your car.  I don't know if the paintball paint is washable or not, but I would definitly look into that before shooting something that tends to make a huge mess at your car.