Author Topic: Buttons for sale at Target!  (Read 16150 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Buttons for sale at Target!
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:31:50 PM »
I was strolling through Target a week or so ago with Spessa and we happened to notice that they were selling buttons on an endcap, right next to all the Hallmark cards.  The buttons were called Attitudes and had various sayings on them, such as "Wingman" and "Single" and "Rockstar."  I just knew that all the hip teenagers today must be wearing these buttons.

I also noticed that these were 1" buttons, which just happens to be a size that I'm able to produce at home with my Tecre Model 100 Button Machine.  I picked up a couple packs and took them home, planning to replace the buttons inside with more racy sayings and images on them and then return them for a refund.  With the help of Mr. & Mrs. Spessa, we came up with the following buttons.

In case you're too lazy to enlarge the image above, the buttons say HIV+, Stud Muffin, Animal Sex (endorsed by George W. Bush), Kill Whitey, It's a Digital Watch!, Fred Meyer Sucks, Shit on my Tits (endorsed by a naked girl with shit on her tits) and Anal Warts are Awesome.

We decided against the idea of returning them to the service desk since that would cause the buttons to go through the hands of at least a couple of employees, giving them the chance to be noticed before they went back on the shelves.  Instead I just sucked up the $1.99 that I paid for each of them and snuck them back onto the shelf myself.  We snapped a few pictures and then went home.

We checked back a couple times the next day and the buttons were still there.  I was really hoping that one of them would be gone and one would still be there, meaning that a customer had purchased one.  Two days later we checked once again and both packs of buttons were gone.  Either a customer had purchased both of them or they had been discovered by an employee.  We called Target and talked to a manager about the buttons but they didn't seem to know anything about them.  So maybe, just maybe...somebody is walking around town wearing these buttons.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:48:42 PM by rbcp »

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
Re: Buttons for sale at Target!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:09:30 PM »
Great work again!

You should of called a manager over and complained about the offensive messages while they were in the store.

new ideas for more buttons anyone?
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

CountyKid

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:01:51 PM »
"I masturbate to Jessica Alba's colonoscopy pics"

Offline ryanfido

• I smoke rocks.
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-60
  • You think you know? You have no brain.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 11:52:23 AM »
it's a digital watch!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:16:30 PM by ryanfido »

Offline thegiam

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:31:05 PM »
HAHAHAHA I HATE EFIIN TARGET!!!!! Thanx alot for doing that with the buttons! Do more!!!!

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »
haha nice, next time, put some anti-Target buttons, oh the irony.

Offline legend813

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +90/-16
  • OMFG HACKED BY MURD0C.NET!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
I hate Meijer's Even though I have not been inside one in 14 years.

Benton Harbor's store came up short 7 tone dialers one night. Sharp made them. EL - something or other was the model number. It was like the best. the memory could hold a string of numbers a mile long. Place pauses in the string. Store ungodly amounts of names and addresses and the xtal... came from the factory placed inside a socket. and the output was super duper loud. the only bad thing was that they were powered by button cells. I don't remember what I did with them all. and I've typed this in the wrong window.  Fuck you. Motherfucker. Illuminati i dislike your avatar. Anyway I almost lost one of them by leaving it on top of a phone in Niles drove 7 miles before I missed it. It was like 14 below that night. Try Mint Green. The refreshing deodorant anal wipe. For that embarrassing anal odor that you have Illuminati.

Offline starbucks95905

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-10
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »
haha you shoulda did it at walmart

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:56:05 PM »
Wow.