Author Topic: Nintendo  (Read 6781 times)

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
Nintendo
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.2

While hacking my siblings Wii today, i performed an update, confident that i caould hack the 4.1U (latest at the time) firmware.  Well, to my surprise, 4.2U was what was installed and the fucking firmware update deleted files from his Wii.
including DVDX and the Homebrew channel.

The update removed files from the system.

let me say it one more time, like Apple, Nintendo removed what it didn't like from his system.

okay, so as a developer, i think instantly: "wow, what the fuck?" "wait," "what the fuck?" "wow."
okay, so then i google quickly how to bypass it and you actually need 2 games that i dont own to do it.  Now, i have to wait until he rents said game(s).  meaning more time and more money is spent due to this.  SO what? Nintendo knew this? Nintendo knew millions of people would end up having to waste MORE money on their shit to unlock or undo what they did? of course. profiteering inside the box, box headed, neanderthals.

I was so shocked, that, honestly, HONESTLY?  ITS OUR FUCKING HARDWARE NINTENDO< WE FUCKING PAID MONEY FOR IT< WE OWN THE HARDWARE WE WILL DO WHAT WE WANT WITH IT.  FUCK YOU NINTENDO
FUCK YOU.

I have gladly paid you money (wasted loads of money) on games and hardware that just in the end most of the time turned out to be trash.  you have to admit Nintendo, your games are getting lame.  I dont even play Wii games as much as i do homebrew games and software anymore.  i have paid you MY money since what? 1986? NES? finally i can make software for the hardware that I BOUGHT that is RIGHTFULLY MINE and you deny me by deleting files and BLOCKING my channels?  for what?
so i can see your fucking "Nintendo Channel" advertisements in better quality? fuck you Nintendo.

we are already onto your 4.2u trick, we are bigger and better than you, we dont need to rely on you. you take our money for overly priced ATI infested fucking garbage? then you take our money again for shit that WE have designed?  i dont fucking think so.
you can steal our ideas, you can take what you want, i'm not falling for it.
i'm done with you.

it's over between us.  you have violated me, and any other developer out there who was fucked by this, by taking what was ours, what WE HAD PAID YOU FOR.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
Re: Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
Look,
the people you are after are the people you depend on.
We cook your meals,
we haul your trash,
we connect your calls,
we drive your ambulances.
We guard you while you sleep.
Do not... fuck with us.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
I told you those communists were up to no good.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:52:12 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline scooter88

• Just here for some fun...
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-6
    • Airsoft Organization of SC
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
I'll just stick with my 360 and be happy.

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »
thing is, i BUY my games.  I have the Wii Backup Channel installed, and can play burned Wii ISO's, but i don't.  I honestly don't.  I just wanted to see if i could do it. 

When i buy a new game, and i tear the clear plastic from the case, and pull the top sticker off, and it opens, and clicks, and when i smell the new instruction booklet up to my nose... i feel like a little kid all excited.  I wouldn't want to lose that for anything.  It is usually my incentive.  It is a great feeling to wait for a title that is actually good.

so since, i play REAL Wii games, they force you to update the system sometimes to play them at all.  That is total shit.  like Punch Out! i remember, i had to do a system update to get it to play at all, or it wouldn't let me past that screen.

it's a catch 22.  the homebrew is too valuable to me, and sometimes the titles are pretty fun to play.. Like i am looking forward to playing the remake of a Boy and His Blob.  \

It's too discouraging when the company removes shit from your hardware.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »
It's better than the old firmware updates that would brick your system if you were using a modded device, but it's still shit.