Author Topic: Colton Harris-Moore is better than Dex.  (Read 22245 times)

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Colton Harris-Moore is better than Dex.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »
No. This is a bear:

I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
for all i know that could be how this kid fucking looks now, after living months in the woods!

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »
Well, you got me there I guess.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ehw5YH9wEDY&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ehw5YH9wEDY&rel=1</a>
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
There a new article about Colton about once a day (I have a Google search on him running in my RSS reader), but this is a pretty good one with some new things in it. 

Teen fugitive captures imagination of many

Colton Harris-Moore, 18, escaped from a holding facility last year. Police say he's since stolen two boats, crashed three planes and burglarized homes and stores. Some call him a teen Jesse James.

Reporting from Camano Island, Wash. -  Colton Harris-Moore has been a one-boy crime wave since he was 7 years old.

He has broken into houses, stolen cars and burglarized markets, hardware stores and cafes for years on this rural, woodsy island north of Seattle.

Since early 2008, when he escaped from a juvenile holding facility, Harris-Moore, now 18, has been leading police on a fruitless chase through Washington, Canada and Idaho -- stealing two boats and crash-landing three planes (he taught himself to fly on his computer, authorities suspect) along the way, police say.

Now it looks like he may be back.

Police are investigating a wave of burglaries over the last few weeks on Camano Island and nearby Whidbey Island. There are no official suspects, but many here are convinced that the youth whose Facebook fan club numbers more than 7,000, often described as a teenage Jesse James, is responsible.

On Camano Island, where residents say sheriff's deputies have been combing the woods on foot and sending search helicopters up at night, Harris-Moore more often is considered, simply, a thug.

"If someone says he's not intelligent, I would say that person is a fool," Josh Flickner said. It was Flickner's market that Harris-Moore, with police in hot pursuit, famously plowed into with a stolen Mercedes before running off while the car was still moving.

"But the people who have called him Robin Hood or James Bond on his Facebook fan club, it makes me want to vomit," Flickner said. "It just makes me sad that there's so many people in our society who would give glory to someone whose only intention is to thrive on the hurt of others."

Harris-Moore's baby face -- which belies his 6-foot-3, 205-pound frame -- is familiar to most people in Washington state. Mug shots, surveillance camera photos and Harris-Moore's self-portrait photo have been plastered for months in newspapers and on market bulletin boards and television news programs.

The fugitive's mother raised him in a run-down, single-wide trailer in the woods on the south end of the island. Posted along the driveway these days are multiple "No Trespassing" signs.

By the time Harris-Moore turned 12, he had a conviction for possession of stolen property. Over the next few years he racked up convictions for theft, burglary, malicious mischief and fourth-degree assault.

Neighbors said most often he stole not valuables but necessities: tools, blankets, food.

"He's broken in here a couple of times. He steals vitamin water, beef jerky, hot dogs. He doesn't like junk food," said Patty Arnett, a clerk at the Tyee Grocery on south Camano.

At one point he broke into the South Camano fire station and stole a thermal imaging camera, officials said, giving him night-vision capability in the woods.

Neighbors said Harris-Moore may have begun stealing as a child because his mother was unemployed and sometimes threw him out of the house.

"He had a horrible childhood," said Carol Star, Harris-Moore's next-door neighbor. "I could hear every kind of bad language out of her mouth, screaming and yelling at him. One time I yelled over there, 'I'm tired of hearing that! Knock it off!' And she screamed back, 'F--- you!' "

Robin Lowell, whose daughter was Harris-Moore's childhood friend, said theft became "a survival mechanism" for the boy.

"When you're told every day of your life that you are worthless and you are no good and get . . . out of my house, that's what you do. You get out," Lowell said. "And in order to eat, to have a place to sleep, you do what you need to do."

Harris-Moore became adept at setting up camps in the dense woods that cover the majority of Camano Island.

Island County sheriff's deputies, having found a load of pizza boxes at one of his camps, once caught him by posing as pizza deliverers. Another time, officers arrested him when they found a light on in an abandoned house.

But in April 2008,Harris-Moore escaped from a minimum-security juvenile home in Renton, Wash. Since then, he has been suspected in a rash of burglaries across northern Washington and into Canada.

His crimes may have reached a new level that November when authorities say a Cessna 182 belonging to a Seattle radio talk show personality was stolen from a hangar on Orcas Island and flown to a "hard landing" on the Yakama Indian Reservation.

Then on Sept. 11 this year, a Cirrus SR22 was stolen and flown to another of the San Juan Islands. The thefts accompanied a series of burglaries across Orcas Island.

San Juan County Sheriff Bill Cumming said Harris-Moore, who has long had an interest in aviation, is a suspect in both thefts; although he is not known to have any formal flight training, he did once buy a flight manual using a stolen credit card.

Officials believe he left the San Juan Islands in September on a stolen boat, which was found at Point Roberts, at the Canadian border.

From there, authorities theorize, Harris-Moore made his way across Canada to Bonners Ferry, Idaho, where another Cessna 182 was stolen Oct. 2 and landed in a logged-out forest area at Granite Falls, Wash.

"How he walked away from it is anybody's guess," said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Mike Fergus. "The wings were broken, the fuselage had a big crack in it, the nose was broken." The plane had about 10 to 12 gallons of fuel remaining, he said.

Neighbors on Camano Island are convinced Harris-Moore flew over the island before landing at Granite Falls.

"It was about a month ago. There was a plane flying around the house up here. It was a gold and white Cessna," said Star, who has been the victim of numerous burglaries and thefts over the years.

"I started waving and jumping around. It was really, really low -- about 100 feet, just over the treetops. He was just boosting his ego, I'm sure."

Three days after the plane theft, a house not far from where the plane crashed was burglarized, a case that seemed to fit Harris-Moore's M.O.: Blankets, shoes and food were missing. Police combed the woods, and someone -- police said they believe it was "the suspect" -- fired a shot at deputies.

A full-scale manhunt ensued, with three dozen officers, SWAT teams and search dogs. The FBI has been called in.

But the fugitive remains at large, and his fame, perhaps predictably, has spread.

There are now at least three Colton Harris-Moore T-shirts to be had ("Mama Tried," reads one), a "Ballad of Barefoot Harris" can be found on YouTube ("He was born in the woods with a lockpick in his hand") and the Facebook fan page set up by three young men in Washington and Oregon has members from all over the world. "Fly, Colton, fly! Come in Greece and marry me!" one young woman invites.

Zack Sestak, a 26-year-old writer from the Seattle area who started the fan page, said he was intrigued after researching Harris-Moore's story for an article. And he was amazed to see the page grow at the rate of "10 new people every five minutes" once the fugitive's story began spreading.

"People that are struggling with this huge economic downturn, people feeling very disillusioned . . . CEOs getting million-dollar bonuses off of taxpayer dollars -- people are seeing this and they're feeling let down by the system," Sestak said.

"And to see an 18-year-old kid that seems to be taking on the system and winning -- I don't want to say people are inspired by that, but it strikes their imagination," he said.

Sometimes, it seems the only people here not talking about Harris-Moore are the authorities.

"We've had some burglaries on Camano Island, and we've had them on Whidbey Island, and we're investigating them, and that's what I can say," Island County Sheriff Mark Brown said. "I'm just not going to comment on the ongoing investigation, and I think you can appreciate why."

In the meantime, residents said, they've been told to lock their doors.

"I think most people are long past the fear stage," Flickner said. "Now you've got people who are either sympathetic or people who are sick of him and just want to see him caught. . . . I lock my doors at night. But it's not from fear. It's that I'll be damned if he breaks into my house."

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 07:12:26 AM »
Everyone involved with Colton is hilarious.  I should get the mom's phone number and interview her on The Phone Show.

Colton Harris-Moore’s mother says he’s not out in the cold

By Jackson Holtz
Herald Writer
CAMANO ISLAND — Colton Harris-Moore’s mother is growing weary of the all the attention placed on her son.

She said she’s tired of being bothered at her home, and of the exaggerations of her son’s behavior being spread by police, the Internet and the media.

“He doesn’t live outside. He lives in a home, has his own room,” said Pam Kohler, who lives on rural Camano Island.

She said he isn’t to blame for every crime on Camano Island and around the Pacific Northwest.

Harris-Moore, 18, is a fugitive who’s wanted in two states and Canada in connection with a string of burglaries and thefts.

Kohler said she speaks to him occasionally over an untraceable phone line and doesn’t know his location.

The Island County sheriff’s office simply isn’t up to task of bringing him in.

“They’re too damned lazy to do anything about,” she said. “He’s my son, and I will not put up with any more lies.”

Harris-Moore has gained international notoriety and has become an Internet folk hero. That has forced Kohler to change her phone number, in part, because of persistent calls from reporters eager to learn more about her son, she said.

“He thinks that Facebook is funny, with all his followers,” Kohler said.

As the December holidays approach, she said she misses having him around, although she’s getting used to his absence, she said.

The mother and son have a tumultuous past, according to court records.

Still, she said she plans to buy her son a gift, just in case she gets a chance to see him: a bullet-proof vest.

------------------------------------

From behind bars, pal tells Colton Harris-Moore to keep running

Harley Davidson Ironwing says he trained Colton Harris-Moore how to survive by stealing.

By Jackson Holtz
Herald Writer
CAMANO ISLAND — The boy burglars of Camano Island shared a dream.

They’d amass such a fortune they would toss money in the air and let the bills rain down.

Colton Harris-Moore met Harley Davidson Ironwing about five years ago.

Today, Harris-Moore, 18, is a fugitive wanted for crimes in Washington, Idaho and Canada. Police suspect he’s stolen planes, boats and luxury cars, and broken into dozens of homes and businesses.

Ironwing’s link to Harris-Moore resurfaced after the case made international headlines. He is the teenager’s only known accomplice, although they haven’t spoken in two years.

Ironwing, 20, is back behind bars. He is accused of shoplifting and escape while serving a prison sentence for theft.

He’s currently at the Washington Corrections Center in Shelton and is facing at least another five months in prison, officials said.

Ironwing agreed to talk about his friendship with Harris-Moore, and how he taught the younger boy how to prowl and quickly find valuable jewelry and electronics, items that could be converted to cash.

“He loves his money like I do,” Ironwing said while he was at the Snohomish County Jail last month. “He wants the same thing, just to have money, to sit on a pile of cash, to throw it up in the air and have it shower down.”

During his interview, Ironwing more than once asked to pass along this message to his friend: “Stay out until help can come to him.”

Pressed for what he meant, Ironwing would only say, “He’ll know.”

He urged Harris-Moore never to give himself up.

“He is good. What’s he’s doing is stupid right now,” Ironwing said. “He needs to quit taking pictures of himself.”

One iconic image from the case is a July 2008 photo Harris-Moore snapped of himself using a stolen digital camera. The camera was left behind in a Mercedes that was stolen from his mother’s neighbor. The photo shows Harris-Moore in the woods, headphones plugged into his ears, wearing a polo shirt featuring the Mercedes logo.

Ironwing believes such photos are Harris-Moore’s trademark, a calling card left at all his crime scenes.

“It’s not his calling card,” Island County sheriff’s detective Ed Wallace said. “He is leaving nothing like that behind.”

Wallace also is familiar with Ironwing, who was convicted of his first felony when he was 14. “I would say that any information he provides would be suspect,” Wallace said.

Since September when news broke that Harris-Moore allegedly has started stealing airplanes, the elusive teen gained attention from news networks and on the Web.

T-shirts were made, featuring Moore’s self-portrait. A Facebook fan page has attracted nearly 8,000 people.

Ironwing’s role in the case, and his unusual name, have contributed to the Internet buzz.

Ironwing said was he given his name by his adopted mother when he was 6. She added the middle name after the famous American motorcycle maker, and gave him her last name.

“She just thought it would be cool,” Ironwing said. “It gets annoying at times. It’s a unique name.”

Still, “I’d prefer not to be on the news,” he said.

Harris-Moore, on the other hand, likely thrives on the publicity, Ironwing said.

“Colton has ambition. He’s smart, and he loves what he’s doing,” he said.

Ironwing said he would never snitch on his friend or violate the thieves’ code.

He’s not cooperated with Snohomish County sheriff’s detectives or investigators with the state Department of Corrections.

“They think I’m full of (expletive) because I won’t tell them anything,” Ironwing said. “They got awfully angry at me.”

Snohomish County sheriff’s spokeswoman Rebecca Hover said detectives recently did try to talk with Ironwing.

“He had absolutely no useful information,” she said.

Ironwing’s solid frame barely fills his jail uniform. He’s 5-foot-2 but says he packs a mean punch.

Everyone in his hometown knows him as the “Stanwood Burglar,” he said.

“I’d break into anywhere I could get money,” he said.

His reputation is likely what drew Harris-Moore to him, Ironwing said.

“Back then I was a troublemaker,” Ironwing said. “He had to come to me. Everyone knows I’m a criminal.”

The two would burglarize so many homes each night, “You would be amazed,” Ironwing said.

When the burglars were at their peak in early 2007 a typical night of crime would begin with a phone call, Ironwing said.

The 6-foot-5-inch Harris-Moore would summon the older boy. Ironwing would hop a bus to Camano Island from Stanwood or Everett, wherever he was living at the time. They’d meet at a rural bus stop, then begin breaking into homes on the island.

In the morning, Ironwing said he’d hop another bus for home, his pockets filled with swag.

Island County sheriff’s deputies brought an end to the break-ins by handing out wanted posters featuring each boy’s mug. Harris-Moore was arrested and two days later Ironwing turned himself in.

Harris-Moore was sentenced to three years behind bars. He escaped from group home for juvenile offenders in Renton in April 2008.

Ironwing pleaded guilty in March 2007 to first-degree criminal trespassing and second-degree taking a motor vehicle without permission. He was ordered to serve nearly a year in juvenile detention.

Not long after his release, Ironwing was arrested for breaking into a Stanwood church safe during a Sunday prayer service. He was sentenced to nearly three years in prison.

At the end of September, Ironwing was transferred to a work release program in Seattle, officials said. On Oct. 20, Ironwing left for a job interview. He didn’t come back.

Less than a week later Ironwing was caught shoplifting at the Everett Mall.

“Maybe Colt can teach him how to escape and not get caught,” said Pam Kohler, Harris-Moore’s mother. “A favor for a favor.”

Ironwing said he’s looking to change his ways.

“I basically just blew away my whole childhood,” he said. “I’m 20-years-old now. I got to grow up.”

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 08:45:41 AM »
Wow. This kid is fucked when he gets caught; however, if he honestly shot at police officers, he's more likely to be killed.

Or, with his huge following, I can't wait for some idiot fan who sees him somewhere and posts and "OMG I SAW HIM AWESOME" to accidentally give his location away. Or for the police to trap him with a fake offer of safe haven, etc, etc.

[EDIT] I'm really curious, though, about the whole "untraceable" calls thing. Is his mother saying this because her son claims the call is untracable, or have the police actually been monitoring her communications? I'm doubting that he knows how to op-divert, which really only leaves prepaid cell phones and VOIP (unless I'm missing something). And if he is using a Skype account or something similar, you have to wonder if law enforcement is getting pissed about the lack of regulation and accountability behind VOIP services.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:51:49 AM by MattGSX »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »
Wow. This kid is fucked when he gets caught; however, if he honestly shot at police officers, he's more likely to be killed.

Nah, his mom says she's getting him a bullet-proof vest for Christmas.  He'll be fine!

[EDIT] I'm really curious, though, about the whole "untraceable" calls thing. Is his mother saying this because her son claims the call is untracable, or have the police actually been monitoring her communications? I'm doubting that he knows how to op-divert, which really only leaves prepaid cell phones and VOIP (unless I'm missing something). And if he is using a Skype account or something similar, you have to wonder if law enforcement is getting pissed about the lack of regulation and accountability behind VOIP services.

I wouldn't put much faith in anything the mother says.  She's fucking nuts.  He's probably just calling from a pay phone.  Then again, he is into credit card fraud and teaching himself to fly planes, so maybe he does know how to cover his tracks.

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 11:41:53 AM »
i don't find it too hard to believe that someone who taught himself how to fly migth have figured out how to op-divert.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
i don't find it too hard to believe that someone who taught himself how to fly migth have figured out how to op-divert.

He crashes all his flights though.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »

I've been op-diverting for years and I still don't know how to fly a plane. I must be doing it wrong.

Nah, his mom says she's getting him a bullet-proof vest for Christmas.  He'll be fine!

Those are expensive, though. He should just steal his own.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »
Also, I've never heard of this "Dex". Who is this mysterious man?

Dex is the creator of PrankNET. His crew makes lots of funny prank calls, but he puts people in danger and has caused tens of thousands of dollars in damages, so he's become the subject of controversy around here and elsewhere. Read this:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0803091pranknet1.html

this is the best... i just finished listening to the KFC prank where he was getting the chicks to get naked and piss all over each other in the streets...

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »
dex is a socially inept, one-trick-pony retard.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42:23 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250484/Barefoot-Bandit-thought-struck-stolen-plane-near-robbed-store.html

Colton stole another plane, violated Olympics airspace, robbed a grocery store, drew barefoot footprints all over the floors in chalk, and left a piece of the store's security equipment sitting in the sink all night with the water running over it.  It's pretty obvious he's now just doing crazy things to make the papers.  The article has some funny pictures in it, so go read it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »
This is great...Colton is trying to be Robin Hood now.

Harris-Moore note left at Raymond animal clinic

RAYMOND, Wash. -- A handwritten note signed by Colton Harris-Moore was left at a veterinary clinic in southwest Washington at the end of May and police have confirmed its authenticity.

The note left at a Raymond, Wash., clinic reads: “Drove by, had some extra cash. Please use this cash for the care of animals --Colton Harris-Moore, (AKA: "The Barefoot Bandit") Camano Island, WA.”

Police confirmed to the CBS news program 48 Hours that fingerprints taken from the note match Harris-Moore, 19, of Camano Island.

The news broke today on the website of KIRO-TV, The Herald's news partner.

Harris-Moore reportedly has a love of animals. He’s been a fugitive since April 2008 and is suspected of stealing planes, boats, cars and breaking into dozens of homes and businesses.

Police in Warrenton, Ore., just across the Columbia River, said Harris-Moore could be a suspect in a string of crimes there on June 1. They are investigating a boat theft, an attempted airplane theft and a car theft -- all crimes similar to those linked to the teenager.

The car stolen from Warrenton was ditched in a rural area about an hour south of Portland.

Harris-Moore has been called the “Barefoot Bandit” by some media outlets after reports that he sometimes flees crime scenes shoeless. Officials said he most often wears shoes.