Other Stuff That Has Little To Do With PLA > Technical Support

Midland 75-785 Handheld Radio Drive Thru Modification Failure

(1/2) > >>

merelyconfused:
So here's the problem. I bought a 40 channel Midland 75-785 handheld transceiver and acquired a 6.5536 mhz crystal to swap into it. I opened the radio up, desoldered the old crystal, soldered the new one in, and I figured I was done. When I was putting the case back together, I accidentally pulled off a green wire that was coming from the speaker/diplay/mic pc board to, I think, a big solder mess that seems to connect to the external antenna. I soldered it back on, and closed the transceiver back up.
When I turned it on, everything seemed to be working fine, but absolutely no sound was coming through the speaker. The only way I could tell that it was on was by turning up the volume all the way and hearing that barely-perceptible whine. Moving the scquelch setting all the way to zero perhaps no static whatsoever. What could I have done? Was it a bad soldering job of the diode? That green mystery wire? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rbcp:
Give me your phone number and I'll call and walk you through the process tonight on The Phone Show.

merelyconfused:
Don't get me wrong, I'd really appreciate the help, but I have some reservations giving someone on this forum my phone number. Especially for a show where you guys prank call people.  ;D

If you are, however, being entirely honest, I genuinely apologize.

rbcp:
Well call the phone show anonymously soon and we'll help you on the air so other people get help too.

merelyconfused:
So just call into the voicebridge?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version