Pranks > Revenge

The Insurance Quote

(1/3) > >>

nerdite:
So I changed jobs and had to shop for my own health insurance. My wife googled and found some insurance quote sites like http://www.getheatlhinsurance.com . She put my info in and I was inundated with calls asking me to buy coverage for about 2 weeks and even got a few months later. It occurred to me this would be a great way to be a nuisance to someone that was bugging you :) What do you think?

Godot:
Is this spam?  ;)

rbcp:
So I wonder...if your victim lives on the east coast and you put their phone number in, but give them a west coast address,  does that mean they'd be more likely to get late-night sales calls from insurance people?  Or if you do it the other way around, maybe they'd get woken up at 6am by the calls.

Another good place to get people added to sales lists is by entering their name into contest forms.  Like at the malls where they put kiosks up saying you can win a car or a house.  I found out the hard way that it's just a scam to get tons of sales people to call you.

nerdite:

--- Quote from: Godot on April 07, 2010, 08:44:07 AM ---Is this spam?  ;)

--- End quote ---

NO it's not spam. I just picked that site. There's lots out there, but I'm new so I can see why you'd think it was spam. How about you go shoot up heroin and then your school? I believe that is the customary response.

nerdite:

--- Quote from: rbcp on April 07, 2010, 08:58:48 AM ---So I wonder...if your victim lives on the east coast and you put their phone number in, but give them a west coast address,  does that mean they'd be more likely to get late-night sales calls from insurance people?  Or if you do it the other way around, maybe they'd get woken up at 6am by the calls.

Another good place to get people added to sales lists is by entering their name into contest forms.  Like at the malls where they put kiosks up saying you can win a car or a house.  I found out the hard way that it's just a scam to get tons of sales people to call you.

--- End quote ---

The only hangup would be the actual phone number. They would be able to know where it was from and their calling algorithm may take that into account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version