Author Topic: The Insurance Quote  (Read 8684 times)

Offline nerdite

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-3
  • Because I'm better than your mom.
The Insurance Quote
« on: April 07, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
So I changed jobs and had to shop for my own health insurance. My wife googled and found some insurance quote sites like http://www.getheatlhinsurance.com . She put my info in and I was inundated with calls asking me to buy coverage for about 2 weeks and even got a few months later. It occurred to me this would be a great way to be a nuisance to someone that was bugging you :) What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:09:23 AM by rbcp »

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
Re: The Insurence Quote
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:07 AM »
Is this spam?  ;)
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:48 AM »
So I wonder...if your victim lives on the east coast and you put their phone number in, but give them a west coast address,  does that mean they'd be more likely to get late-night sales calls from insurance people?  Or if you do it the other way around, maybe they'd get woken up at 6am by the calls.

Another good place to get people added to sales lists is by entering their name into contest forms.  Like at the malls where they put kiosks up saying you can win a car or a house.  I found out the hard way that it's just a scam to get tons of sales people to call you.

Offline nerdite

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:22 AM »
Is this spam?  ;)

NO it's not spam. I just picked that site. There's lots out there, but I'm new so I can see why you'd think it was spam. How about you go shoot up heroin and then your school? I believe that is the customary response.

Offline nerdite

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
So I wonder...if your victim lives on the east coast and you put their phone number in, but give them a west coast address,  does that mean they'd be more likely to get late-night sales calls from insurance people?  Or if you do it the other way around, maybe they'd get woken up at 6am by the calls.

Another good place to get people added to sales lists is by entering their name into contest forms.  Like at the malls where they put kiosks up saying you can win a car or a house.  I found out the hard way that it's just a scam to get tons of sales people to call you.

The only hangup would be the actual phone number. They would be able to know where it was from and their calling algorithm may take that into account.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »
Is this spam?  ;)

NO it's not spam. I just picked that site. There's lots out there, but I'm new so I can see why you'd think it was spam. How about you go shoot up heroin and then your school? I believe that is the customary response.

I. I love you..
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
Is this spam?  ;)

I. I love you..

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline nerdite

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:36:42 AM »
Is this spam?  ;)

I. I love you..

Your moms a spambot.

Offline ErrorLoading

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +15/-4
    • ErrorLoading.Net
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:28 AM »
Earlier today when I was shooting up heroin and my school I thought about doing this, but thought it would be too mean.

No thanks, I'm not a monster.
"If I have enough then you may not have one."

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
Is this spam?  ;)

I. I love you..

Your moms a spambot.

Oh I'm totally keeping this one.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 08:49:21 AM »
Huh. I had this happen to me with auto insurance after getting married, and I don't even have a car.

Because anyone can have a phone number for any area (for example, I can move from NYC to CA and keep my 718 number if I want), I imagine that calls are scheduled by address.

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
Is this spam?  ;)

I. I love you..

Your moms a spambot.

Oh I'm totally keeping this one.

Sig'd.

Your moms a spambot.