Author Topic: Did my first!  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Ms.Jones

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
Did my first!
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
Well I am proud to say that today, for the first time I have done a funny prank at a store, all thanks to reading that article on here about store paging.

I read it last night and then today was at a local Target store, after finishing shopping i realized about the article I read and how bu using those red guest courtesy phones I could get into the store walkie-talkies. But i forgot how and what the code was! But luckily after about 1 second of searching near the phone I easily located a little instruction list on how to preform all functions. So I picked up the phone, let it ring, then pressed #3789 and followed the prompts as to which channel I wanted to broadcast on(1-Sales Floor, 2-Back Room) And pressed one and my first one said "Customer needs assistance in the prostitution dept, customer needs assistance in prostitution" And my second one, after quickly walking away from that phone to another one across the store (as I walked I heard my announcement come over a walkie talkie and it didnt seem like the employee even noticed that i said prostitution! My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.) So the second one went "Tammy to the Whorehouse, Tammy whorehouse" I then purchased my things and left laughling all the way home!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Did my first!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
I forgot that Target even allows this.  That's pretty cool.  I'm gonna have to try that.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:05:14 PM »
I tried entering that code into a few Target phones last night, but all I got was a fast busy.  When I pick up the phone it doesn't ring.  It's just a dial tone.  I was saddened by not being able to announce that I like big butts into all the walkie talkies.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
I was saddened by not being able to announce that I like big butts into all the walkie talkies.

Can't you get a CB radio or a walkie talkie tuned to the same frequency for any important announcements?

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
I was saddened by not being able to announce that I like big butts into all the walkie talkies.

Can't you get a CB radio or a walkie talkie tuned to the same frequency for any important announcements?

MIB

You could, but you'd need to spend at least $50 for equipment if you don't already have it (IIRC Brad doesn't), and it becomes significantly more illegal.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline purity

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-2
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
I cant find the article for the Target red phones to the Walkie Talkies... Can someone explain or provide link (assuming link still exists)?

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 06:07:28 AM »
I tried entering that code into a few Target phones last night, but all I got was a fast busy.  When I pick up the phone it doesn't ring.  It's just a dial tone.  I was saddened by not being able to announce that I like big butts into all the walkie talkies.

and you cannot lie...
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com