Author Topic: Article: Private Eyes Are Watching You: Twitter Oversharing  (Read 3683 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
from this article: Private Eyes Are Watching You: Twitter Oversharing and Its Bizarre Real-World Consequences

Something peculiar happened yesterday.

I was sitting in a coffee shop near work as I often do between sessions when one of the baristas sheepishly approached me. I go in there all the time, so most of them know me by face, if not by name. She said, “Are you Jeff?” I answered in the affirmative and she goes, “There’s someone on the phone for you.”

My first thought was that it must be work calling to tell me that there’s been a schedule change. AT&T has spectacularly terrible coverage and this cafe could be a dead zone. One look at my phone confirmed that I was five-bars strong and I had no missed calls. She looked as quizzical as I felt. I took the cordless phone from her and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello?

Stranger: Is this Jeff?

The voice sounded hesitant and I definitely did not recognize it. I was slightly discombobulated that someone was calling me at this location, but curious and attentive.

Me: Yeah, who is this?

Stranger: This is your neighbor. Did you just check in on Foursquare?

Click here to read the rest of the article.  The guy ends up using the name Roy to talk to this guy.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Article: Private Eyes Are Watching You: Twitter Oversharing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Cool article but I was a little disappointed that there weren't actually any Private Eyes in the story.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt