Author Topic: My Introduction to this Website  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-3
  • Your average ethical hacker...
    • SkipLive's Website
My Introduction to this Website
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Hey guys..
People call me Skip.
I am 16 years old.. 17 in a week but who's counting.
I will be getting my Ham Radio technician license soon and yeah I just found this website and must have read over 50 threads so far... Great content on here and a nice little community. I am going to try and get this website/forum to come alive... I will be spreading the word about this website to a lot of people....
I am interested in the drive thru frequency prank... I opened up two toasters at my house and none of which contained any crystals... Do all handheld CB Radio's have the ability to do this prank?

Would this CB Radio work?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Midland-40-Channel-Handheld-CB-Radio/10603643

ps; I am a noob so I apolagize for my low intelligence with technical stuff. I am a graphic designer and code/scripter. I write programs and more...

I am a pranker on youtube.. A month ago I created a youtube channel..
http://youtube.com/SkipLive

I am designing a website for it now.. http://www.SkipLive.heliohost.org

Thanks for reading all this and I am a noob when it comes to hardware...
I am making stupid decisions as a kid, or as a young adult, but I'm trying to be better now, I'm trying to take this lemon and make lemonade.

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-2
  • Radio Jerk/Phone Phreak
Re: My Introduction to this Website
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
I think the best CB to do this with would be a Cobra 148GTL or even better, a Cobra 2000GTL.

If you can't find the xtal, you can always order it from Mouser, Digikey, or GigaParts might have it!

Welcome to the forum- I'm new too, the more people that come here the better...this site seems like its dying :(
The popcorn you have been eating has been pissed in, film at 11

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
    • SkipLive's Website
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »
Thanks man... Do you know if that CB Radio that I posted the link to would work? Also .. yeah this site is dying .. it is too bad because there are a lot of old school hacker/phone losers here...
I am making stupid decisions as a kid, or as a young adult, but I'm trying to be better now, I'm trying to take this lemon and make lemonade.

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:21:53 PM »
Hey Skip,

I am glad I caught you before it was too late- don't do this mod because it was a prank. There is no way to get drivethru freqs by modding a CB radio by taking an xtal out of a toaster, not that I know.

You need to buy a Wouxun KG-UVD1P and software mod it for wideband use. That is the cheapest way to go. Once it is widebanded, you can fuck with Target and other stores that use radios, which are quite plentiful.

Good luck!

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
    • SkipLive's Website
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
So all that stuff about the CB Radio crystals and crap was fake? Or just outdated and doesn't work anymore?
If you know how to do this... Then you should make an updated tutorial on how to do it... I really think that it would benefit many many people. Thanks oh and how much would it cost for that radio that you mentioned?

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
The CB radio mod was a joke. A good joke, but still, a joke.

The Wouxun KG-UVD1P is maybe 125$, but you can get it for maybe 100 if you look hard enough.

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
    • SkipLive's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
Thanks man... You have been a ton of help... Hah I can't believe I fell for that... Hah so do you have to have your Ham Radio license to operate The Wouxun KG-UVD1P?

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »
You do need a ham license to operate on the amateur freqs- it has the 2 meter and the 70cm (440) bands on the radio. After widebanding it, you can talk on GMRS, FRS, MURS, and other services up to 174 mHz and up to 470 mHz on the high band. I have learned that these radios are excellent for harassing mall and store employees with and the range is excellent (5 watts)  Good luck!

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:49 AM »
Actually, in theory, if you were to open a CB radio and replace it with a crystal modifying it to operate in the 469 mHz range (the area where most McDonalds operate), you could get this to work and it would no longer be a joke. HOWEVER, I don't know what kind of crystal you'd need and what frequency it would have to be.

Let's say you were to do this with a standard 40 channel CB radio, like a Cobra 29. As long as you use an antenna suited for the newly allocated frequencies (using a CB antenna for 460 Mhz would give you high as hell SWRs which would fry your radio) you would be OK.

But I just remembered something: You'd have to either use an FM CB set from the UK or modify something like a Uniden HR-2510 which has FM capabilities. Trying to use an AM set to talk to people on FM sounds like fucking shit- I know, I've tried many times on 11 meters and in that general area...

So as soon as I find out what crystal you'd need, I'll get back to you and make a post debunking this- so that you all can go out and buy an expensive 10-meter radio to terrorize your drive thru crews!