Author Topic: LulzSec Call Forwarding  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
LulzSec Call Forwarding
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »
http://www.dustytech.net/?p=32

LulzSec diligently struck and disabled all of their targets, sometimes out of boredom and sometimes stemming from phoned-in requests.  Yes, they have a phone line. A dedicated and possibly-but-not-likely-traceable contact point isn’t exactly what I’d expect from an anonymous hacker ring.

Of course, don’t expect a very welcome voice on the other end of the line when you ring them.  LulzSec’s newest tactic, adopted roughly three hours ago, is to redirect their publicly-available phone number to their targets – in effect, creating a DDoS over the POTS.

Via Twitter:

Our number literally has anywhere between 5-20 people ringing it every single second.  We can forward it anywhere in the world.  Suggestions?

Around 1:00PM Eastern, LulzSec directed their phone number, 614-LULZSEC, to online retailer Magnets.com.  Shortly before the attack, LulzSec tweeted “Tango down – magnets.com – we called them and they wouldn’t tell us how magnets worked.”  At about 2:00PM Eastern Time, LulzSec redirected to the FBI offices in Detroit, Michigan.  Quoting a LulzSec statement, “FBI in Detroit just got hundreds of calls. That woman was mad.”  Their newest target as of 3:00 PM ET?  HBGary.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: LulzSec Call Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
tnid.org says their number is with bandwidth.com, which is what Google Voice numbers usually show.  Wonder how long Google will let them keep it.  I'm guessing Google has some kind of rule in their TOS about using your number to flood FBI field offices.

How's everyone here feel about these guys?  I'm not crazy about them bringing federal attention to hackers.  Seems like the hackers and feds have started getting along a lot better these past few years, and now they're going to make them all enemies again.

On the other hand, lulz!

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
How's everyone here feel about these guys?  I'm not crazy about them bringing federal attention to hackers.  Seems like the hackers and feds have started getting along a lot better these past few years, and now they're going to make them all enemies again.

On the other hand, lulz!

I also go back and forth on this. I really enjoy watching everything unfold, but at the same time, I don't see this all ending well. Sooner than later, the government will address the issue, in most likely a heavy handed manner. We're already starting to see various internet bills being introduced.
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »
They are quite amusing in a PrankNet sort of way, but it pisses me off how some people are viewing them as heroes. They aren't helping anyone. The Sony hacks only make the PS3 hackers like GeoHotz look worse by association. The PBS hack only helped advertise the Frontline documentary that upset them. (Which, by the way, I thought was a great documentary.) Most importantly, these attacks against the government are just going to be used to support increased Internet regulation. So I am not a big fan of LulzSec.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »
The PBS hack only helped advertise the Frontline documentary that upset them. (Which, by the way, I thought was a great documentary.)

I thought the same thing, although I haven't watched the full doc yet. I need to finish it. What I have seen so far was great and full of information I wasn't aware of yet.

Video link:
http://video.pbs.org/video/1946795242

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »
I think it's cool that they're trying to bring awareness to the fact that nothing on the internet is secure.  But instead of fixing anything, they're just going to arrest a bunch of people.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 04:24:30 AM »
Looks like they also DDoS'd the CIA website..

The hacker group Lulz Security has claimed it has brought down the public-facing website of the US Central Intelligence Agency.

The alleged attack on CIA.gov occurred on the same day the group opened a telephone request line so its fans could suggest potential targets.

On its Twitter feed, the group wrote: "Tango down - cia.gov - for the lulz".

The CIA website was inaccessible at times on Wednesday but appeared to be back up on Thursday.

It was unclear if the outage was due to the group's efforts or to the large number of internet users trying to check the site.

The CIA would not confirm if it had been the victim of an attack. In a statement, a spokesperson told BBC News: "The CIA's public web site experienced technical issues that caused it to respond slowly for a short time yesterday evening. Those issues are now resolved."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13787229

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 04:41:08 AM »
lulzsec call it quits

Quote:
Friends around the globe,

We are Lulz Security, and this is our final release, as today marks something meaningful to us. 50 days ago, we set sail with our humble ship on an uneasy and brutal ocean: the Internet. The hate machine, the love machine, the machine powered by many machines. We are all part of it, helping it grow, and helping it grow on us.

For the past 50 days we’ve been disrupting and exposing corporations, governments, often the general population itself, and quite possibly everything in between, just because we could. All to selflessly entertain others – vanity, fame, recognition, all of these things are shadowed by our desire for that which we all love. The raw, uninterrupted, chaotic thrill of entertainment and anarchy. It’s what we all crave, even the seemingly lifeless politicians and emotionless, middle-aged self-titled failures. You are not failures. You have not blown away. You can get what you want and you are worth having it, believe in yourself.

While we are responsible for everything that The Lulz Boat is, we are not tied to this identity permanently. Behind this jolly visage of rainbows and top hats, we are people. People with a preference for music, a preference for food; we have varying taste in clothes and television, we are just like you. Even Hitler and Osama Bin Laden had these unique variations and style, and isn’t that interesting to know? The mediocre painter turned supervillain liked cats more than we did.

Again, behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly believe in the AntiSec movement. We believe in it so strongly that we brought it back, much to the dismay of those looking for more anarchic lulz. We hope, wish, even beg, that the movement manifests itself into a revolution that can continue on without us. The support we’ve gathered for it in such a short space of time is truly overwhelming, and not to mention humbling. Please don’t stop. Together, united, we can stomp down our common oppressors and imbue ourselves with the power and freedom we deserve.

So with those last thoughts, it’s time to say bon voyage. Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind – we hope – inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere.

Thank you for sailing with us. The breeze is fresh and the sun is setting, so now we head for the horizon.

Let it flow…