Author Topic: Hotel Prank Calls in the News  (Read 2695 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Hotel Prank Calls in the News
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
Here's a new one from Kentucky.  Prank call leads to water damage at hotel  :nonsense:

from wkyt on June 28th, 2011 - A prankster took aim at a Pulaski County hotel, causing problems for both guests and employees.

Investigators say a guest at the Hampton Inn, on Highway 27 in Somerset, was tricked into turning on the hotel's sprinkler system.

Now, police are looking into the incident.

Around midnight Tuesday, Somerset Police say a guest on the third floor received a phone call, and thought it was from the front desk.

Police say the caller told the guest to set off the sprinkler system, which the guest did, causing some damage to the hotel.

"They (the caller) basically talked them (the guest) into pushing the tube out of the way, which opened the valve, causing the water to come out of the sprinkler," Somerset Police Lt. Shannon Smith said.

Right now, police are trying to figure out where the call came from. They're not sure if it was from someone in the Somerset area, or elsewhere.

We spoke with the front desk clerk at the Hampton Inn, who told us the hotel would have no comment about what happened.

We're told at least three guests were displaced from the Hampton Inn following the incident. They were able to stay the rest of the night at the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Hotel Prank Calls in the News
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Copycat of Dex and his merry band of fooligans?
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »
Copycat of Dex and his merry band of fooligans?

Either that or it's actually Dex.  He may as well keep at it since it doesn't seem like the U.S. can arrest him.  There have been 3 or 4 of these this past year that I've noticed.  The one from Vancouver BC turned out to be someone else, but nobody seems to know if the guy who did it was a regular of Dex's show or not.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
Damned kids these days. Don't they know property damage that could get you raped in prison isn't funny to anyone? Well, except the guy doing the raping...
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt