Author Topic: Comics and cooking  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Yauch

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-9
Comics and cooking
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
Everyone likes bacon right? Have you made bacon in the oven? Have you sprinkled brown sugar all over it to make some sort of cross between candy and meat? If not you should, because it is amazing.

Also a comic book recommendation for you. If you dig Alan Moore's looks at what being a metahuman entails, and end of superheros types stories such as Kingdom Come, Old Man Logan and others I suggest you give Irredeemable a spin. It reminds me a lot of Miracle Man so if you like that you'll like this.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
Re: Comics and cooking
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
When I was in 3rd grade or so I would go home after school to make a marshmallow-butter-brown-sugar-cinnamon sandwich on toast and watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :nonsense:

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
Everyone likes bacon right? Have you made bacon in the oven? Have you sprinkled brown sugar all over it to make some sort of cross between candy and meat? If not you should, because it is amazing.

that sounds so fucking tasty

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »
The bacon idea does sound far more delicious than need be. In fact I'll literally be doing this tomorrow for breakfast. Sounds like it would be better with more fatty bacon as well. Going to find out for the better of all!

But later I'm going to look up Old Man Logan. Sort of fell away from Marvel and a lot of comics in general when the whole multi-verse thing just became overbearing. But the Old Man Logan story looked rather entertaining. Guess it's due to the cannibal Hulk thing going on. Not that it isn't another hojillionth alternate universe thing. But the art looks rather entertaining.