Author Topic: 24 Hour Marathon  (Read 19626 times)

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-0
24 Hour Marathon
« on: December 10, 2011, 12:42:08 AM »
Let's plan this shiz people.  Who wants in on the marathon?

Offline hill0ck666

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
Re: 24 Hour Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:37:58 AM »
Meeeee

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:13 AM »
This is an idea I endorse and wish to be involved in.

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
24 HOURS! YES!
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
I'm all for this.  I'm sure I can put in at least 4 hours if I'm needed, but probably more like 10.

For those who don't know what Darkstranger is talking about, they've been planning a 24 hour live broadcast on Cacti Radio for the past couple weeks now.  So 24 hours of live prank calls.  Why?  Nobody knows.

We've talked about collecting money for some kind of charity, but then some people hate that idea.  I don't really care either way.  I just think it'd be fun to do a 24 hour show.  I've also heard talk about a drive to fund Cacti Radio or just to give to the DJs, but personally I'd rather give it all to charity than do that.

So we should plan this all out.  Here are the things I think might be important to figure out:

1.  When will this happen and what time of day will it start?  I heard Badfish and others talking about January on their show last night.  We should set a date soon so we can adjust our work schedules around it.

2.  Someone needs to record the full 24 hours since it might be difficult to get all the different recordings together.  What's a good program that will record from a shoutcast stream?

3. What should every hour consist of?  Something like at least 4 prank calls per hour and at least 50 minutes of live talk or pranks per hour.  Ten minutes could be allowed for music so we can go take massive dumps or run to the neighbor's house to buy drugs.

That's all I can think of right now.

Offline BadFish

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »
So far Tabachi says he's doing interviews between now and the marathon with various hackers, tech, phreek, prank, etc. type people to play during the whole thing. He'd like to actually be on for the full 24 hours. I'll hang in as much as possible(3-4 hours sleep). I'm all for collecting some cash for charity, but I know alot of people think it's dumb.....maybe a poll/vote is in order?

I think we should call some old favs from past and present PLA stuffs, lots of rappy, tons of us all bullshitting while horribly drunk, and pestering people all over the US :)

Any ideas?

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:46 PM »
$ towards prizes?

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
Interviews would be fun times. Even if we interview some  PLA people. :D

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »
$ towards prizes?

Or a raffle that could be awarded to a listener.

I really do like the idea of collecting money for something, just because it'd be fun to spoof a telethon.  We could even call random people and demand money from them.  A 24-hour telethon where we call people nonstop, demanding their money sounds awesome.  Especially if none of them give us anything.

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »
It should be near the end of Dec or the beginning of Jan.

How should we host it? TinyChat? Chat line? Vent.? Skype? We should have a combo of all of them. Skype connected to 3 or 4 open bridges (I have some) and a Vent. line and a Skype conf. with TinyChat as well. We should make it as open as possible.

Also, Who will host? Who will be OP?
-{{<Q>}}

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
24 PLA people. We are so good at planing things. Heh. We can go through skype as usual and steam it on the good ole Cacti Radio. I know that ThEN asked if it could be on his Bridge. . .Having a raffle might be fun. It would get people to listen and we can demand money from them. We need to get on the Tinychat and plan. We are all just a bunch of slacker loser pies. We can also whore out Rappy's new album and the Harley shirts some more.

Offline BadFish

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 06:12:23 AM »
So far I know that I, maybe Carlito, RTH, and Brad are willing to host the stream and make calls. I know that Tabachi often has the ability to host the stream while another person hosts the outgoing calls, so between all that we should have it covered. I myself can host stream + 2-3 skype callers while doing an outbound call, ad I'm willing to stick around for almost all of the day(minus 3-4 hours sleep).

I think we can easily work this out by first deciding the start time, then figuring out exactly how many people can host the stream, then how many can host calls(must have outgoing call plan with incoming number), then we pair people up or decided dedicated hosts, and divide by 24.

We could also use people willing to donate a little side cash for skype minutes so we can do oversees calls(I myself will buy a bit for when I host).

Who has outgoing skype with incoming number?

Who can host the stream?

Who can do both?

When should we start?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:16:35 AM by BadFish »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »
We could also use people willing to donate a little side cash for skype minutes so we can do oversees calls(I myself will buy a bit for when I host).

Carlito just told me yesterday that Skype is doing a promo thing right now where everyone gets a month of free international calling.  He said he got an email about it.  I'm not sure if I got an email, because I delete everything from Skype.  But if we all get free international calling, then that's really good timing.

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
We should forward gas-station credit card lines to the bridge and other business numbers to the bridge and pick-up there calls for a while. (Or use a forwarding Chain)
-{{<Q>}}

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

Carlito just told me yesterday that Skype is doing a promo thing right now where everyone gets a month of free international calling.  He said he got an email about it.  I'm not sure if I got an email, because I delete everything from Skype.  But if we all get free international calling, then that's really good timing.

yes i got that same email about the free month of calls...