Author Topic: Tricking somebody into pulling a fire alarm  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Cyclopath

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
  • Low-level employee
Tricking somebody into pulling a fire alarm
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
If one called up an institution from a payphone or Google Voice connected through public wifi in another county to trick an employee into pulling the fire alarm, are they likely to be willing and able (they're always able if they want to bad enough) to trace who called?

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
Re: Tricking somebody into pulling a fire alarm
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »
how would you get the google voice number to work from a proxy in a different country? i thought that it was only available for US users, and that people in other countries had to use a US proxy to use google voice?

they can trace the call back to google voice.. AFAIK ANI fail is not currently working with google voice, instead it just provides a generic telephone number as ANI, which i am sure can be tracked back to google, which in turn can be tracked back to the account that you opened the google voice account with and/or the phone number that you registered your google voice account with..

not sure that anyone would go thru that much trouble to trace the call just for a pulled fire alarm..

not sure anyone would be stupid enough to pull a fire alarm just because someone told them to... but then again i can not believe how prankNET gets anyone to do any of the crazy shit that they get people to do..

Offline Cyclopath

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
I said another county, not another country. Because going to another state to do it would be WAY too much trouble for what it would be worth. Although that's an intriguing idea, using a proxy AND public wi-fi.

Offline Ellerbucks

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-6
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »
Personally, I dont think they'd care enough. Sure id be wasting the fire departments time, But I honestly think they'd just let it go unless it was happening constantly.