Author Topic: Kickstarter  (Read 2558 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Kickstarter
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
I was talking to an old PLA friend today that tells me I really need to start up a Kickstarter campaign.  I was going to start one up anyway once I get around to making a new PLA shirt, but his ideas are more ambitious.  This guy set up one to start a podcast with a goal of $6,000 and they made almost $40,000.  Seems like there are a lot of kickstarters that exceed their goals for no good reason at all.

PLA has plenty of stuff to give away for the different contribution levels and plenty of ideas for things that we COULD give away if we had the money to do it with.  We still need to make that damned vinyl record.  I've got a bunch of PLA shirts, both legal ones and the "Wisconsin Motorcycle" shirts.  Buttons, stickers and now CDs.  I guess most of you already have all that garbage, but, you know, we sure could make lots of neat stuff if we could manage to scrounge up a couple thousand dollars.

I swear this isn't an idea for me to personally make money.  I would want to dump all of it (minus kickstarter fees and taxes) into doing crazy PLA stuff.   So my question is, assuming the Kickstarter didn't fail, what would YOU like to see done with PLA money?  I know we have a lot of ideas in the PLA promotions/merchandise section that we've never done, but it'd be  cool to go beyond that and do other things too.  Things that are hilarious and entertain us all.

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-0
Re: Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »
Do eeettttt OBEY.

Offline io

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-2
  • what
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »
all your ideas are retarded

Offline FaceEvil

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Thousands of years ago into the future
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
I'm a year late but if you mean besides merch, maybe you guys could have your own game/animated short or something. But if you mean merch maybe something like phone covers, posters, more shirts, an actual cactus farm, and maybe hoodies and sugarplums. I don't know just some random thoughts My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself..