Author Topic: BLATANT SPAM  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Legion303

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-4
  • I make lockpicks
BLATANT SPAM
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
After writing music for the last 25 years, I decided to finally put some of it into an album format:
http://stevepordon.bandcamp.com (electronic wankery).

Note that you don't have to buy to listen; bandcamp lets you stream whole songs.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: BLATANT SPAM
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
I'm going to pirate it all and put it on bittorrent!

Offline Legion303

• Junior Phone Loser
  • I make lockpicks
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
I'll RIAA-sue your grandma!

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
Nice.. I really like the Father's Day track. I've been working on some similar stuff as of late.. is this the only set of tracks you have online?

How's the bandcamp experience? I was thinking about putting some of my work up there whenever I get some newer stuff finished

my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline Legion303

• Junior Phone Loser
  • I make lockpicks
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
Nice.. I really like the Father's Day track. I've been working on some similar stuff as of late.. is this the only set of tracks you have online?

Thanks! This is the stuff I came up with that was legal to post on bandcamp (no movie samples, covers, or remixes) and that I felt best represented me. There is a huge amount more on http://neutronstar.org/music (including all these).

How's the bandcamp experience? I was thinking about putting some of my work up there whenever I get some newer stuff finished

I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm mainly using it as a promotional tool since I closed my myspace account years ago...not expecting to make any money off of it. But I do have friends who make their living partially via BC and cdbaby, so it's possible if your output and fan base are large enough.

Account setup was painless and done in about 5 minutes. By contrast, I had tried to set up a Google Music "artist hub" on a Friday and it wasn't set up until the following Monday after some kind of manual account review. Then I found out Google wanted me to fill out a W-9 and give them my SSN, physical address and bank routing info. BC just redirects paying customers straight to your Paypal account. The choice was pretty clear at that point.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
hahah, btw just catching your FCC prank on cacti radio right now.. fucking brilliant
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation