Author Topic: Call forwarding to Thisisarecording numbers  (Read 5048 times)

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
Call forwarding to Thisisarecording numbers
« on: March 17, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
I have tried several times - unsucessfully - to forward either my house phone or my voicemail to some of the more interesting numbers on Jenn's site but it never seems to work. I can call the numbers directly from voip or any cell or any landline but something about the forwarding doesn't work or rather doesn't patch thru the call. Any ideas? I've tried numbers that both ring and don't ring first.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
Re: Call forwarding to Thisisarecording numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »
With some VOIP and forwarding lines, they won't forward a lot of the time, usually becuase of the "Disconnect" tone (I can't remeber the real name) is played, sometimes though, it dosn't even registair that the lines been picked up
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
I ran a debug log on my SPA3102, and it seems to think that the line has never been picked up. I thought that because some of these numbers answered without ringing could be the problem, but I tried some that ring first too... The SPA3102 has the ability to customize and reprogram all tones, if I knew which one it was looking for. I may could change it to something crazy so that it wouldn't match. Onward to google to see if there is a name for the three-tone run that starts a lot of these recordings...

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
probably because you are trying to forward to numbers that do not supervise...

i found an easy way to tell if a number supervises is with a net10 phone, because your balance is shown on the screen... if no minutes are deducted from the balance then the number does not supervise..  another quick way to tell if a number supervises or not call it will google voice... google voice will not pass audio for unsupervised calls... if it just rings and rings with google voice, then the number supes...

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »
I thought all lines supervised. I mean, what is the reason for a line to NOT supervise? I guess I can understand test lines and loops... and maybe that's what those numbers are... test lines for the phone company to check that certain recordings are functioning properly, and all contained within the CO... but calling to other area codes I would think would take me out and back in to the system.

Remembering my early phreaking days when I opened a slick and would tap into my cousin's phone while he was on with his girlfriend. While tapped into him, I would tap into another line, dial his number, we would both hear the beep, but he was able to flash-hook and flip to the other line with just me. I could hear and witness all of this but I was "inside the system" unlike if you are at someone's house and pick up an extension, flash-hook becomes impossible.

Maybe if I could just come up with a way to create a situation where the CO would cause an "all circuits are busy" recording to play when certain numbers call my line.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »
this is the reason why i have had to record the *SIT - the number you have dialed is NIS* recording for the outgoing recording for a google voice number that i abandoned because too many people had the number.. since i could not find a way to forward it to the recording, even by sending it first to a VoIP provider that then passed the call off to the recording..

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »
I thought all lines supervised. I mean, what is the reason for a line to NOT supervise?

My guess is so that people don't get charged for calling them.  Back in the day, long distance was expensive so it would have sucked to be charged for calling a disconnected number.  Just record the message onto your voicemail.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
Just record the message onto your voicemail.

Yeah, that's what I have wound up doing, recording the message about 5 times, but it would be so much neater if I could just change my forwarding to different numbers instead of re-recording each time. Also since I am holding my cell phone in front of my computer speakers, the audio is not as great as if it were a direct connect to the number.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »
yea thats how the recording sounds my my "abandon" google voice number 718-530-0779 sounds like shit..

i was able to forward my cell phone number or house number directly to a NIS recording before but no luck doing so when calling to or from a google voice number..