Author Topic: Changes to the PLA Forums  (Read 76888 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Changes to the PLA Forums
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:25:53 PM »
Here's a generic thread that I can add to from time to time, for whenever I make changes to the forums...

Someone complained earlier today that this forum lacked a Search button.  So there's one up there now!  At the top of the page.  Go crazy searching.

I removed the New Posts and New Replies options up there, though.  Since those options were already available in the left sidebar.  Is this a problem for anyone?  If it is, speak up and I'll probably put them back for you.

If anyone wants to recommend any changes, let me know either here or in a private PM.

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
Re: Changes to the PLA Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »
Ewh, purddy :D

Thanks Arbie!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:06:13 PM »
Look!  No more post counts in the posts!  Now you have to click on a profile or look a the member list to see how many posts a person has made, therefore making the post count not as important!  Isn't that useful?  I'm going to replace it with the date the user registered as soon as I figure out how the hell to do that.

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • ummm cacti
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »
I was just about to ask about that, but I was too lazy to find the correct topic to post it in.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 07:11:55 PM »
That's much better, Arbie. You are worth your weight in gold.
To see this post in braille, click here.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 01:53:29 AM »
I think that the Rank should be based in something else than the amount of posts, I know that there're some members that post just cuz they want to be "PLA junkies" and also because the bells looks cool on the Avatar.
So I was wondering why we don't mix some sort of karma/post amount so each user will have a personalized rank...
For instance mine should be “PLA South American ambassador” or “Stupid post maker” 
A cool fashion to measure the rank could be the hack/pranks achievements.
Or if you are always giving cool advices at the tech support forum so the rank gets something like “support guru”.

Well that’s it.

FB

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:36:12 AM »
Sweet, excpet now my avatar doesn't make as much sense... I'm sad.  :-\

However, the board does look very pretty now, making me HAPPY  ;D

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »
noooooo! My 85 hours have gone to waste! Maby I should update my custom title with every post...
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 12:14:49 PM »
Raptor, your avatar confused the hell out of me yesterday.  I couldn't figure out why YOU had an extra line of space under yours and nobody else did.  It took me awhile to finally realize there's a bunch of invisible pixels around your avatar.

Offline Zan

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:32:33 PM »
RB, here is a suggestion for the forums, referring to the main page, and the recent posts/topics:

I think the initial link should take you to the first post of the thread. However, for those who have been paying attention to those threads (that would like to still be able to go to the most recent post) could have a little "Newest Post" icon, next to the thread/topic link?

I love stopping by every-other day to see what people have posted. I just don't want to go to the most recent post every-time I click on the thread title, from the main page. I'm sure there are people that do/will relate with me on this. Think it's a worthy investment of your time?

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »
That invisiable line of code reads:

Command: Execute <C:/Documents and settings/hakerd00d/my documents/elite/3117/secretDONOTREAD/hax/31337h4x/linix/My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself./ELITEHACKSVIRUS.EXEE!1.exe > Mailto: RBCP@PLA.com OMG i hax u! AND U CALS me N32B well GUESS WHAT ME R 3133337!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Good thing PLA.com is not the domaim
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 03:02:07 AM »
Raptor, I don't know if arbie has anything to do with it but your pirate picture is gone.

Sorry the pic's back again, my connection was the prob...

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • ummm cacti
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 06:37:37 AM »
Ha! It isn't just me that crazy around here with the pictures comming and going!

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »
Here's a random idea I just had.

How about a sticky in the PLA Bridge forum called, "Tonight On The Bridge" or some such.

People who plan to definitely be on the bridge on any given night can post in that thread, announcing, "I'mma be on the bridge tonight around 9:00 est to do some SEing" (for example). 

That way if someone wants to go on the bridge, they can check the thread and see if anyone else plans to be on.  If not, they can post in the thread too, like, "Iyam n teh birge know cum on!elevenlol."

We could even make it like the old IRC #phreak channels if we wanted... we could schedule talks on specific subjects, like, "I'm gonna talk about CID/CPN/CN/ANI/ANAC on the bridge tonight and give some examples if anyone wants to come listen."  Then we could record it for podcasting purposes, if we were so inclined.

So what does anyone think of that?  Good/Bad/Useless idea?  Should I GTFOAD or should I keep these tenacious ideas coming?
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to me.  Sure would eliminate a lot of similar posts.  Maybe you could make a post in the bridge forum like that and I'll turn it sticky later.