Author Topic: Changes to the PLA Forums  (Read 76886 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Changes to the PLA Forums
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
 :nonsense: :nonsense: :nonsense:

I changed the theme.  What do you think?

The sidebar looks pretty bad now.  I'll fix it soon.  Maybe I'll even get the shoutbox working again!

Also, does anyone else get a box 5 times larger than the screen when posting replies?  It's been doing this to me ever since I upgraded the forums.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
yea clicking reply makes the page really wide...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
I've spent about an hour now trying to figure out why the width goes nuts when you post anything.  I installed a couple other themes to see if they did it too.  They do, but some are in a less annoying way.  The default SMF theme doesn't seem to do it.

I turned off all the forum mods, did a fresh install (just to the files, not to the MySQL database) and put all the mods back.  None of that did any good.  I looked in the code of this theme and the CSS, but didn't notice anything that would cause this.  I don't think the problem is in any particular theme, though, since this seems to be happening on all of the themes.  I'll start looking through all the settings next.  Maybe murd0c got drunk and made the posting width 9,000,000.

In other news...all of the shoutbox mods suck.  The one we used before hasn't been updated for the new versions of SMF.  Same for SMF Arcade - they don't seem to be updating their software anymore.  Maybe we should move to a  more popular forum software.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:40 AM »
Hmm.. I've checked in both Firefox and Chrome and I'm not having the width/reply issue

perhaps its somehow related to moderator privileges displaying something differently?
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:18 PM »
In case anyone hasn't notice, I've been deleting boards this week.  I killed the scams board, because WHAT WAS I THINKING??@???#$@!!  That's the kind of board that could actually get this place shut down or me arrested or whatever and really has nothing at all to do with the PLA.  I didn't delete any posts, but just moved them into other boards.  "Is It Worth It?" got the axe because whatshisface hasn't logged in for 2 years now and it was a dumb board anyway since we didn't have Yomama around to actually give us free legal advice.  A lot of those posts were moved into the Ask Anyone board and I deleted the few that didn't have any replies at all.

MattGSX's music thingie is now just a music thingie without trying to convince people that his opinion matters.  I still think there's too much and might work on consolidating a little more of it all.  Post suggestions here if you think we need a new board or should kill/merge an old one.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
I'm liking the changes... aside from possibly combining some more of the subforums, I'd say maybe axe "NES games+comic books+conspiracies=Yauch" and "Flames, Politics and Other Retarded Posts"

Could maybe turn the Phones In the News to just straight "News"
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
I'm liking the changes... aside from possibly combining some more of the subforums, I'd say maybe axe "NES games+comic books+conspiracies=Yauch" and "Flames, Politics and Other Retarded Posts"

Could maybe turn the Phones In the News to just straight "News"

Yeah we kind of just delete flames unless they're really awesome ones.  And who wants to encourage political discussions.  I put that forum there because there was so much of it on Cal's forums.  Now we all just hang out on Facebook so there isn't so much excess posting.