Author Topic: Making an Arduino Wardialer  (Read 2377 times)

Offline N01zii

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • 21st Century Phreakin'
Making an Arduino Wardialer
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:05:38 PM »
Hey guys! So, I have a project in mind, and I was wondering if anyone wanted me to post it here.

I'm going to make a war dialer out of an old corded phone and an Arduino Uno, would anyone here want a guide on how I did it or pictures?

I'm planning on selling them if they get enough attention, along with posting the free schematics/guide on how I did it online.

Instead of a software-based type thing like TONELOC or something like that, it would be more of a sending-fake-button-presses to the phone so that you would still actually be able to hold the phone up to your ear and listen, or listen to it through a computer that the Arduino is hooked up to.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has a list of the different tone frequencies that wardialers commonly looked for. I know of some of them, but I don't have a complete list.

Thanks!

Offline Deception

• Corporate Associate
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Disseminating information
Re: Making an Arduino Wardialer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »
It would be difficult to come up with a complete list of tones.  There is simply too much out there that would be missed.  There is a good numbers thread on the Binary Revolution forums that would cover a lot of things out there (though you'd have to figure out some of the tones).  However, you will still miss a lot of things that don't respond with some sort of tone.

You'd also be better off using a Raspberry Pi, since it's easy to get linux up and running and there are distros that run asterisk, so that would make it so you don't have to use an old clunky POTS phone.

Offline N01zii

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • 21st Century Phreakin'
Re: Making an Arduino Wardialer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:53:34 AM »
Well, I would love to use a Raspberry Pi, but I'm just using whatever I have haha. So an Arduino Uno for now.

For now, I'm going to just listen to it call live and record what I hear.

I think I'm going to make it record every phone number that doesn't ring and isn't busy/unavailable/down.