OMG IT'S TEH PLA! > Forum Related Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Changes to the PLA Forums 2013

(1/1)

rbcp:
After using the same thread for 7 years, I guess it's time to start a new one.  I've done two things to the forums today that you will all hate and yell at me about.

1. I've changed the default theme to this one called Balanced.  You can still go back to the old theme if you look in your profile settings and you'll never have to see this again.  The old theme was called Blackstorm 2.

2. Thanks to motivation by our resident crooked lawyer, Saul Goodman, I've set up the forums so that you can log into them with your Facebook/Twitter/Google/Yahoo/whatever accounts.  Somewhere in your profile settings, there's a section to link your existing Facebook (or whatever else) to your existing forum account.  What this is really good for, though, is so new people can easily register and post on the forums without having to create an account.  If this backfires in some way, we will all lynch Saul.

I'm still working on modding the theme to be fully compliant with the same ole PLA crap I put into all the themes.  Right now I'm trying to set up a sidebar that's compatible with this new theme's CSS, I guess mainly so we have that small list of other forums we can go to.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I used those often.

Let me know if you have any problems with the new theme or if there's anything else you'd like to see here.

rbcp:
I put this new theme together on my laptop and thought it looked pretty good there, but now that I'm on my desktop computer monitor that has much richer color, I'm not sure I'm too crazy about that sort-of-grey-but-not-really-gray color.  What do you guys think?  Be honest, tell me it's the most horrible thing you've ever seen.  I can change things.  I have the technology.

ravenmaddox:

--- Quote from: rbcp on August 04, 2013, 04:50:51 PM ---I have the technology.

--- End quote ---
Can you make it better?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version