Author Topic: Floor Intercom at Target  (Read 29882 times)

Offline N01zii

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • 21st Century Phreakin'
Floor Intercom at Target
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
So, after failing at Walmart (The only phones in the store are at the different department desks where there are always people. I only succeeded once in the gun section, but after answering and messing with the guy employees were quickly scanning the area) I decided to go to target.

Now, the extension for the floor intercom at my target is 52#, which I'm fairly sure it is at all targets. (I even confirmed this by calling up the target in-store operator and asking her, pretending to be an employee)

Unfortunately, every time I dialed it from one of those red phones, I wouldn't hear anything in the earpiece except for a single click, and all you could hear over the intercom was what sounded like someone hanging up a phone. Also, this didn't happen when you first dialed 52#, it always happened after mashing either 52# or just 52 or just #, because nothing was happening. You would hear a "click" on the intercom, but even if I continuously blew into the mouthpiece/rubbed it to see if it would play over the intercom and it never did, before or after the click.

Was this an employee/the in-store operator just hanging up my intercom call whenever I called, or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks

Offline Niloc

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-5
Re: Floor Intercom at Target
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:43:54 PM »
All you have to do is dial 52# and you are automatically connected, however The intercom can only be accessed from the phone at Guest Service, and the phone on the operators desk. If you try to dial the extension from any other phone the system automatically hangs up on you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:51:15 PM by Niloc »

Offline theevilmonkee

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-0
  • Low-level employee
Re: Floor Intercom at Target
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
All you have to do is dial 52# and you are automatically connected, however The intercom can only be accessed from the phone at Guest Service, and the phone on the operators desk. If you try to dial the extension from any other phone the system automatically hangs up on you.
Apparently this isn't the case, because in this guy's video he uses the red phones in the vacant checkout lanes.

I know for a fact that the courtesy red phones throughout the store (intended for customers) won't work, but haven't ever tried from the checkout lanes.

*edit: forgot to include the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK5OPtjfhEU
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:43:53 PM by theevilmonkee »