Author Topic: phonelosers.com  (Read 5066 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
phonelosers.com
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
These forums are dead.  Obviously.  And a lot of people go to phonelosers.com thinking it's phonelosers.org.  So it's sorta stupid to have a dead site on the domain that should be the primary domain for PLA stuff.  So I think I'm going to steal phonelosers.com from you guys.  You'll never miss it.  It will be the exact same site as phonelosers.org.

Any objections? 

I don't know when I'll do this, but it will probably be soon.  The sensible thing to do would be to be to move the forums back to phonelosers.org/forums like they used to be, but I'd really like to move them to a separate server to help keep phonelosers.org running smoothly.  So I'm thinking I'll just register a completely new domain for them.  I could make it phonelosers dot something else.

I was thinking phonelosers.us would be perfect (you know, because it's US!), but some jerk has already taken it.  phonelosers.xxx would be hilarious, but then I saw that it's $99 per year for it.  What's a cheap top level domain I could use if I do this? .biz?  .info? .me? 

Maybe I'll just make it forums.phonelosers.org - I know there's a way to mask that to another server.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:06:01 AM by rbcp »

Offline Unclegrandpapa

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
Re: phonelosers.com
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
That's what I'd do, it seems that there's a post like once every three to six months.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »
Okay, the vote is 2 to 0.  Try to outvote us motherfuckers.

Offline N01zii

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • 21st Century Phreakin'
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
As much as I enjoy these forums, I can't see them warranting their own domain. I think merging them with PhoneLosers.org would be the best option here.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
I cast my vote... 4-0... no reason for you to manage two domains (or more if you still have notla and the others) you can save those few dollars and simplify things. depending on whom your registrar is (or who controls your DNS records) you can add an A record for say forums.phonelosers.org to point to another server, and then have either apache or IIS or whatever is on that machine to designate the host header for the site. I bet it's going to be fun and take some hours to move all the data to a new machine. What are you running now? MySQL?

Another option is the local server DNS records can point to another machine. For rkwallace.com I control all my DNS thru networksolutions. ButI am running a Windows Server with multiple *.ravenmaddox.com that point to machines and sites all over the place. They all come here first to look and then go about their merry way. I use this when I am doing a lot of remote access. No need to remember all the ip's when it's much easier to type brad.ravenmaddox.com :)

I am still half asleep this morning so hopefully this makes as much sense to you as it does in my head...
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:27:50 PM »
These forums are MySQL and yeah, it'll probably take an hour to get everything switched over and working.  Maybe I'll just put them on phonelosers.net/forums since linear took his forums down.  But then they would break when he lets that domain get hijacked by domain squatters again, so that's probably a bad idea.

Crap, that reminds me, I let telephonefalls.com expire.  I hope it's not too late to get it back.

Offline Pioneer

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
i vote to move it to phonelosers.org/forums  :nonsense: