Author Topic: A beigebox questions  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Pioneer

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
A beigebox questions
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
If i hook up a beige box up to someones tni, will i also be able to receive call along with making calls?  :P

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
Re: A beigebox questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
yes
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
But only if you beigebox with your iPhone.

Offline Pioneer

• Newb
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 02:45:28 AM »
But only if you beigebox with your iPhone.
I need a straight answer here. I wanna do this to a store and just answer calls from my beige box.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:30:08 AM »
If you do this from outside the store you'll need to use an inline 48kv ohm-voltage reducer. Most chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target run at the much higher 128v phone systems in order to supply enough power to all the extra extensions and cabling.

If you want to do this from inside the store no voltage reduction will be necessary as this is done within the socket of each drop. (Which is also the best place to acquire the proper reducer and be 100% sure it is properly configured for said store you wish to prank)

You can also Beige box from your iPhone with the proper app and modified cabling which I have seen offered for sale on eBay... I can try to find a link for you if you are interested. If you go this route I would highly recommend enabling the PBX option so that you do not accidentally fry your iPhone which would not be good!

Hope this detailed explanation is more to your liking.

Offline Pioneer

• Newb
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 02:44:27 PM »
If you do this from outside the store you'll need to use an inline 48kv ohm-voltage reducer. Most chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target run at the much higher 128v phone systems in order to supply enough power to all the extra extensions and cabling.

If you want to do this from inside the store no voltage reduction will be necessary as this is done within the socket of each drop. (Which is also the best place to acquire the proper reducer and be 100% sure it is properly configured for said store you wish to prank)

You can also Beige box from your iPhone with the proper app and modified cabling which I have seen offered for sale on eBay... I can try to find a link for you if you are interested. If you go this route I would highly recommend enabling the PBX option so that you do not accidentally fry your iPhone which would not be good!

Hope this detailed explanation is more to your liking.
I would definitely like that link. Also, if I did what I was planning to do to a small-sized store (ex: 7-11, Hungry Howies, Pizza Hut, McDonalds) would I still need a 48kv ohm-voltage reducer?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »
I've done some 7-Elevens and they're normal voltage.  I've never heard of 128 volt phone systems.  Are you serious about that, Mr Maddox, or just messing with us?  Seems like the lines outside the building would be regular voltage.  I don't see how they couldn't be.

Offline Deception

• Corporate Associate
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Disseminating information
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
Back in the day when ESS first came out and hacking local extenders would get a friendly visit from LE.  I made what I called the "diverter box".  I hooked it up at places like 7-11 and it worked well.  If you want to see what 128v is like, just hook wires to the line, put the other ends of the wires in your mouth (be sure to strip away any shielding), then call the number.  You'll be able to taste 128v.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
If you want to see what 128v is like, just hook wires to the line, put the other ends of the wires in your mouth (be sure to strip away any shielding), then call the number.  You'll be able to taste 128v.

That's happened to me several times.  I used to strip the wires with my teeth.  My 1-year-old daughter experienced that once too - she used to play on the phone so I'd unplug it.  She put the phone cord in her mouth and hilarity ensued.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
I've never stripped live phone wires with my teeth, but I have been holding and splicing the wires as the phone rang!!

I did however discover a new way to test a 9v battery. As a child I had witnessed many people lightly touch a 9v to the tip of their tongue to see if it still had any fire left. One day at age 12 I was fiddling with a brand new 9v and contemplating that very thing. I figured that the moisture in your tongue was just enough to conduct the electricity and allow you to feel a tingle. By extension, I reasoned that the moisture in my cheeks would be just enough to conduct the current from my upper and lower braces...

I woke up six hours later

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 05:45:38 AM »
The 128v phone systems work on the same principle as the power that comes to your home vs that of a business. Businesses that need more power have larger transformers outside of them. If we were to go upstream from the transformer than server 220v to your home electrical system we would immediately find hundreds of thousands of volts available. There are stories of old farmers out in the country making electrified fences by throwing the ends of their barb wire fence across power lines. The voltage at those points would be real high, but the amperage extremely low so the fence mat arc and spark if something were to come into contact with it as a ground, but the amps would be so low as to not cause your muscles to convulse and hold on.

Anyways... Here's the link for more information on the 128v phone systems.

http://bit.ly/MX84fu

And here's the link to a video how to remove the 48kv ohm-voltage reducer from an active system within the store (and how to verify if it is actually needed!)

http://bit.ly/1nCcj2S