Author Topic: PLA Forums FAQ  (Read 14061 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
PLA Forums FAQ
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »
Hey everyone, lets create a FAQ!  Then I can add it to the small list of things that newbs see.  Hopefully some of them will read it and that will cut down on repetitive posts.  Below a few that I can think of.  Suggest more and I'll add them to this list.  All newbs see a couple lines of text at the top of every page, telling them to read the rules and introduce themselves before posting.  I'm going to add this FAQ to that list to make sure it's read.  If anyone can expand upon my answers, then do that too!

Q: The video about taking over a Taco Bell was HALARIOUS!  What kind of radio/scanner can I use to do that?

A: The radio used in that video was a Yaesu VX7.  We also sometimes used a Yaesu VX5.  A small modification is required to be able to transmit to drive-thrus.  Search Google for further help on modifying a Yaesu.  You can also search our forums for your question since it's been asked here a lot.

What else could I add?  Something about people who make suggestions on phone mobbings maybe?

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
Re: PLA Forums FAQ
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
Q: I am new to phreaking. Where do I start?

A: Phreaking will make as much sense to you as broccoli if you don't have a grounding in telephony.  The book "Understanding Telecommunications" can be found online here.
Keep in mind that phreaking is an application of knowledge, and not a field of knowledge itself.  If your interest lies in doing bad things and not in telephony, then phreaking simply isn't for you.  If you want to do more than fail, you will have to invest a large amount of time into your studies and practice.  Do you like to study?

Q: I don't get the simile in the last answer. What does it mean?

A: HOW MUCH SENSE DOES BROCCOLI MAKE TO YOU?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:46:22 AM by frog »
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »
Q: Why are forum members always flaming me?

A: You're probably doing something stupid to draw attention to yourself. Either you are bringing up very old posts and adding nothing to the conversation. Perhaps you are posting one word responses. Maybe your style of writing runs concurrent to those us who prefer correct spelling and grammar. If you haven't done any of those things, you're probably just a douche bag and should probably shoot up your school!

Q: Why are my posts disappearing?

A: Your posts are being deleted due to lack of coherency, regard to legality or some other reason the moderators think of.

Q: Is Murd0c really gay?

A: Yes, he's a flaming faggot who lives to suck hairy male private parts. Ew.

Q: Can I get coins from payphones with a redbox?

A: No, you fucking idiot! Go get a job like the rest of us. Payphone refund checks don't work anymore. Neither does blue boxing.

Q: Hey, I found this in "Jolly Roger!" or "The New Anarchist CoOkBoOk 2000!"

A: We don't care, and you shouldn't read that bullshit.

Q: How did you do the theater/wal-mart/auto parts pranks?

A: We actually got jobs at those places and answered the calls ourselves and recorded it using an inline recorder and Mini-Disc set-up. An alternative method would be to call forward the line to a line set up to receive all the incoming traffic.

Q: Shoot up my school?

A: Dude, just go with it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:42:38 PM by murd0c »

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:09:11 PM »
An alternative method would be to call forward the line to a line set up to receive all the incoming traffic.

I don't agree with this. Misleading noobs is not nice.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »
Q: Why are forum members always flaming me?

A: You're probably doing something stupid to draw attention to yourself. Either you are bringing up very old posts and adding nothing to the conversation. Perhaps you are posting one word responses. Maybe your style of writing runs concurrent to those us who prefer correct spelling and grammar. If you haven't done any of those things, you're probably just a douche bag and should probably shoot up your school!

If you had a vagina. I'd want to have sex with it.

Q: Why are my posts disappearing?

A: Your posts are being deleted due to lack of coherency, regard to legality or some other reason the moderators think of.

You should fill the mod spot that was created when Arbie made you an admin. Pending his approval of course.

Q: Is Murd0c really gay?

A: Yes, he's a flaming faggot who lives to suck hairy male private parts. Ew.

You should remind anyone who says ew to sucking hairy male private parts that their mother feels the same way you do.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »
I think you should append something about not actually shooting up your schools. I'd hate to see Arbie get charged with like three counts of murder because some retard actually did it.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:14:11 PM »
Q:  Everyone here seems like a bunch of flaming assholes.

A:  Hey dipshit that wasn't even a question. 

---------

Q:  How can I take over my school's PA system?

A:  Its likely you can't, but you might want to start by figuring out what the model/make of the unit is.  Locating a manual for the device might be a good idea.  See if you can find some documentation they give to teachers about it if its complex enough.  Or just shoot up your school.

----------

Q:  I do I hack into my [ex]relationship's / child's / friend's  voicemail/email:

"In short - good communication with your loved ones will never involve tapping and recording equipment." -RBCP. 

No really, I don't want you stalking someone.  Get a life or get over the one you were trying to make with someone else - obviously you're a complete looser who doesn't deserve to be with anyone; your kids are having risky unprotected sex while doing 'hard' drugs they either stole things to get or traded sexual favors for; and yeah, all your friends talk about how much they hate you behind your back.
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };:

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »
Q: I always hear about phone mobbing. Does it have anything to do with extortion, racketeering, John Gambino etc. ?

A: No. Phone Mobbing refers to the act of organizing groups of people to call into a specific number (or group of numbers) all at once. Such as banks of pay phones, radio call-in shows, conference call lines, etc. There’s no point to it really, it’s just to see the reaction of the target. This page will showcase our collection of Phone Mobbing projects.

More info can be found at the PLA Phone Mobbing Page In fact the answer above came from the same page.

Q: What's with the ton of cactus references?

A: Cacti are the official plant of the PLA.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »

Q: What's with the ton of cactus references?
MIB

A: Cactus cactus cactus, cactus cactus!
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };:

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »
Q: Where can I learn to _________?
A: Before asking this question, please ask yourself the following questions:
   1) Have I used the forum's search feature to find threads about this topic?
   2) Have I used Google (or another search engine) to find information on this topic?
   3) What have you found that is already relevant to the topic/How much do you really understand about what you're asking (ex: If you don't understand how a phone's switching system works, being told how to blue box won't make any sense. Learn the concepts before you learn the procedure)

If you can't answer "yes" to questions 1 and 2, please do them before posting. If your answer to 3 is "not much" or less, please try to change that before asking the question. It will do nothing but help you in the long run.

Q: How do I modify my cellphone jammer to actually block cellphone signals?
A: Because of the influx of idiocy resulting from the manufacturer linking to this forum, we have decided we no longer want to help kids shut their parents' cellphones off. Trial and error works for all of us; it can for you, too.

Offline mrpeanut

• PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-30
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
Q: Why easy to yell "NERDS!" at these nerds, the ones on this nerdy site?

A:ids

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 04:20:33 AM »
Q: Why easy to yell "NERDS!" at these nerds, the ones on this nerdy site?

A:ids

Best one yet.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
Q: You people don't even know me. How can you hate me so much?

A: Because we're better than you. Once you learn to accept that and become a willing slave your life on these forums will become much eaiser. Then shoot up your school, take herion and kill your parents.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:17:33 PM by LordNod »
I HATE the bridge.

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 02:59:42 AM »
Q: You people don't even know me. How can you hate me so much?

A: Because we're better than you. Once you learn to accept that and become a willing slave your life on these forums will become much eaiser. Then shoot up your school, take herion and kill your parents.

The caption should be:
I's in UR VEINS
Shooting SOME HEriOn

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:45:46 AM »