Author Topic: does google transfer CID?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Insane Stunt

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
does google transfer CID?
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:22:41 PM »
I'm going to use google's call feature to prank a business and want to know it it will transfer my CID or ANI? I dont care right now since I'm having google connect me through my  transfer number and I dont really care if they get that number. but they could subpena the company I'm subscribed with and get info from me that way... so I want to play it safe... kinda.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: does google transfer CID?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »
Yes, it sends your CID to them, same as it sends their CID to you.

Offline Insane Stunt

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:52:15 PM »
oh well... and *67 doesn't work so I guess i'll have to just use my transfer number... but its weird, the service i'm subscribed to asks for their name and sometimes they give it to me or they ask "what?" and usually i'm transfered to a representative by the time i get the call.

Offline johnnyhacker

• Telco 0wner
  • Post Whore
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-19
  • One plus the number means long distance!
    • The truth will always be rewritten into what others want, it happens to every one.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »
not to mention everything through google now is being filtered, so don't get too carried away with the crank, keep it funny, not threatening. :)
Your signature will only be rewritten, along with your posts when you have not logged in for a while.

Offline Insane Stunt

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
I'm not. Can someone please give me a recording saying  "hello? oh can you hold on for one moment? sorry." I have nothing to record with... basically when they pick up the phone it transfers to me and I dont want them hearing a ring or they'll be suspicious.

the service supports ringshare if you're wondering. so if I change it they wont hear a ring. and leave a good 30 seconds after the talking, or if you dont feel like I'm awesome, you dont have to and I can do it with audacity. But I feel like i'm awesome... because i'm me. And by feeling myself, i feel awesomeness.

I'm gonna go feel myself in the bathroom now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:12:12 PM by Insane Stunt »