Author Topic: Old people. They're funny!  (Read 4768 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Old people. They're funny!
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »
Some internet radio show is going to be featuring oldpeoplearefunny.com on their show this week.  This has motivated me to spend the morning fixing stuff over there and adding a few sections.  I also set up some new forums which are located here:

http://www.oldpeoplearefunny.com/forums/

The reason I'm mentioning this is because I was extremely lazy about setting up the forums and just copied everything directly from the PLA forums.  This means that all the posts, settings and user accounts transferred over from here.  So if you have an account here, your username and password should also work on that site.  I'm not lying, go look!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 02:46:40 PM by rbcp »

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
Re: Old people. They're funny!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:08:50 AM »
That's great.  Dorothy Densmore!  Dorothy Densmore!  OMFG!  ¿Whá?

I've shown this to several people + plugged it on the rottennews.com forums... they were talking about it a few weeks ago.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:17:49 AM »
The site got plugged on a show called Life Online with Bob Parsons yesterday.  They completely missed the point of the site.  They seemed to think the site was created FOR old people.  I don't think the hosts of the show even looked at the site.

http://www.phonelosers.org/stuff/bobparsons.mp3

z09

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »
The site got plugged on a show called Life Online with Bob Parsons yesterday.  They completely missed the point of the site.  They seemed to think the site was created FOR old people.  I don't think the hosts of the show even looked at the site.

http://www.phonelosers.org/stuff/bobparsons.mp3

Funny, YOU get hate mail!

EDIT: Everybody should go over to the forums at www.oldpeoplearefunny.com/forums
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:03:05 AM by z09 »

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »
What the hell is this show trying to be? The Internet version of Regis and Kathy Lee?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »
What the hell is this show trying to be? The Internet version of Regis and Kathy Lee?

It's basically an hour-long infomercial for godaddy.com with occasional bits of internet-related stories thrown in to try and make it interesting.  I think it used to be called Godaddy Radio but they changed it so it wouldn't sound like such an infomercial. 

I listened to a lot of the show yesterday and the hosts seemed really out of touch.  Like right before they talked about oldpeoplearefunny.com, they talked about the RIAA sending cease and desist letters to youtube.com teens for singing along and dancing to copyrighted music.  But they didn't seem to think that was fucked up at all.  They completely agreed with the practice since these kids obviously are violating copyright laws.

And the producer guy that emailed me asked if I had any stories related to the site.  I clearly explained that Altalp & I came up with it after saying to each other, "Wow, old people sure are funny" so many times.  How could they possibly think that site is designed as entertainment for senior citizens?

Offline gruz

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-2
  • I'm naked right now!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »
I listened to a lot of the show yesterday and the hosts seemed really out of touch.  Like right before they talked about oldpeoplearefunny.com, they talked about the RIAA sending cease and desist letters to youtube.com teens for singing along and dancing to copyrighted music.  But they didn't seem to think that was fucked up at all.  They completely agreed with the practice since these kids obviously are violating copyright laws.

What a bunch of fuckin retards, I hate people like that.

Offline Altalp

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +244/-20
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »
old people ARE funny

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 06:58:42 AM »
From now on you get yur right goddamn finger in the right hole!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 10:59:48 AM »
I just did my very first exclusive interview for oldpeoplearefunny.com!

http://www.oldpeoplearefunny.com/forums/index.php?topic=210.0