Author Topic: Friend's cell phone stolen :(  (Read 4527 times)

Offline tanpimp

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
Friend's cell phone stolen :(
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:04:25 AM »
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.  Anyways my friend's cell got stolen last night at this bar/restaraunt we were at.  He called his phone and pretty much the guy who stole it told him to fuck off.  We logged into his account to view his bill online and saw 2 numbers that the thief called before we had cingular suspend the service..  We tried calling the numbers but just got the voicemail.  After doing some research i found out that both numbers are from the carrier Iowa Wireless.  It would be nice to get the names of the people whose numbers we have.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

z09

Re: Friend's cell phone stolen :(
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.  Anyways my friend's cell got stolen last night at this bar/restaraunt we were at.  He called his phone and pretty much the guy who stole it told him to fuck off.  We logged into his account to view his bill online and saw 2 numbers that the thief called before we had cingular suspend the service..  We tried calling the numbers but just got the voicemail.  After doing some research i found out that both numbers are from the carrier Iowa Wireless.  It would be nice to get the names of the people whose numbers we have.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Go to the police they will find out for you.  If you are in the right then you shouldn't waste your time on Social Engeneering them out of it.

Offline Nagasakinuker

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-13
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »
but seing is so much more fun :)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »
There's always the PLA Radio episode which covers social engineering phone companies.  That'll show you exactly how to get the information.  But really, why not just let the police deal with it?

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 03:58:40 PM »
Or you could try the "Pizza Hut free pizza business card raffle drawing" scam demonstrated by RBCP in the Social Engineering ep of PLA Radio.

Everybody wants a free pizza!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 04:01:53 PM by Colonel Panic »

Offline JohnKerry

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +12/-45
  • how do you ask a man 2b the last man not married?
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
A sure way to get your phone back and have a lot of fun is have your friends call the phone and ask them about the "bombing."  Be sure to mention dates, locations, and details surrounding explosives, all the while pretending that you think the other person on the line is [insert name here].  Chances are your phone was stolen by an America loving redneck and once he figures out YOUR A FUCKING GOD AWFUL FUCKING TERRORIST, he's going to eat you for dinner.  Where was I?  Oh yeah, get off my fucking lawn.

Offline legend813

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +90/-16
  • OMFG HACKED BY MURD0C.NET!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »
Or.. one could call the phone and threaten the chumps with bodily harm and go into extreame detail about the way said chump would meet his demise... or ... avoid all the pain and tears and meet somewhere and return the phone.

This chump chose wisely...

You wont see much detail in the JV's faces here. but the 6 MP still cam i had did... and hard copies where on the desks of every SRO in the county the following morning.  Everyone was nixed!

The End.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:28:05 PM by legend813 »

Offline beerfuck

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-8
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:35 PM »
I'd say go for the police. Most ppl are scared shitless of them, and they might turn over their phone-stealing friend when getting pumped by the cops. What better revenge than if the cops get the guy? And you might even get ur phone back if ur lucky.

And, whatever happens, you still have those #'s to mess with. Even if you can't find any info on them, you could harass the hell out of them.

Were they cell #'s the guy called? I dunno how many cell carriers this works with, but I know it works with mine (Veroooozen)...lookup which carrier theyre with and get a friend with the same carrier to log in to their vm and use the option to send a message. After punching in the destination #, VZW will play that person saying their own name, which almost everyone does when they initally set up their vmail. Then just cancel the message send. It's a fun way to take a random # and get a name from it. And then zabasearch usually does the rest.

Let us know how the situation develops

Offline Shadow

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0

Offline ryanfido

• I smoke rocks.
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-60
  • You think you know? You have no brain.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 05:06:30 PM »
funny if you called it, and a guy walking infront of you has his cellphone ring. You could grab it from him and it wouldent be considered stealing!
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0