Author Topic: Joost!  (Read 3164 times)

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Joost!
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
I read about Joost in Newsweek this morning before I had a filling put in. If I remember correctly it's tv for the tubes made by the guys behind kazaaza and skype. Sounds pretty nifty. I'm trying to become a beta tester. If I do I'll have some invites so just pm me if you want one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:18:18 AM by M-26-7 »

Offline Jo Nathen

• [Almost a 100 count poster]
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-45
  • Messing around with skype and my job has a pbx.
Re: Joost!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 10:14:22 PM »
hows it going with this? ...I used it once in a while and it tells me to update.......

Offline midnitesigma

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-2
Re: Joost!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
Joost has been in beta mode for almost 2 years now. Some content is pretty good and some are hard time find stuff, things that even TV wouldn't show.
Hulu.com is also beta testing right now with a lot of TV content from NBC,CBS,FOX,etc... I find that hulu tends to be more mainstream but Joost has movies that are often too hard to find on tv nowadays.
Additionally, many of the major tv studios have their own TV over IP applications direct from their site. NBC and some others.

TV over IP is definitely becoming more prevalent but the streaming quality has not yet gone to the lengths of 1080i quality. I suspect in a few years time you'll have a combo solution for Internet and TV for your living room. Heck a lot of Television manufacturers i.e Toshiba and Sony already have tvs' with wifi capability.