Author Topic: Myspace Bandwidth Leachers  (Read 1069 times)

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
Myspace Bandwidth Leachers
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
If you're like me, you have a bunch of random files (pictures, music, etc.) uploaded to a directory on a website for personal use, picture hosting, etc. And if you're really like me, you're too lazy to bother messing with the .htaccess to enable protecting against hotlinking, robots, directory indexing. But what is a guy to do when idiots and retards from social websites like myspace are using music streaming services like Dizzler.com to leach your precious music and bandwidth? Do you remove your mp3 off your site? Get off your lazy ass and fuck around with htaccess? Nope, I just whip out Audacity and edit the affected song. Usually leaving the first 30 seconds alone and then inserting random junk that goes in a completely different direction for the rest of the song.

For example, take Insane Clown Posse's classic "Slim Anus". All of a sudden, requests for this mp3 file have gone through the roof and no wonder. Search engines have it listed in among the first few pages returned. So I just remix it up with some good ol' jazz and upload that in its place. Since I done so a couple days ago, around 400 hits and still counting now get a dose of classic swing with their faggoty emo music. Fuck you myspace.

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
Re: Myspace Bandwidth Leachers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04:03 AM »
i agree with everything except for the icp=emo.

theres a whole bunch of icp kids in my town who beat up homeless people.