Author Topic: Anyone need a System Analyst ?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline meggito

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
Anyone need a System Analyst ?
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the inspiration.

I am currently enrolled at West Chester University (wcupa.edu) and looking for challenging employment as a Systems Analyst while I pursue a degree in Computer Science.

My experience is in Computer Science, Telephony, Networking, and Digital Signal Processing (DSP).

I sent my first e-mail at age 10 and was fascinated by computer systems. By 13 I had used books to teach myself C++ object-oriented fundamentals such as data types, functions, classes, and data structures. Once I received internet access I was further intrigued by the phone system and specifically the Digital Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) system and Automated Coin Toll System (ACTS).

By age 16 I had researched the phone system in general, the DTMF/ACTS systems in particular, produced a programmable signal generator for under $10 by modifying a tone dialer to include the original crystal for DTMF generation as well as an additional crystal for ACTS generation with a switch to control which tones to generate, and documented my experiences in detail so others could replicate my results. I also published independent research on numbering systems as well as their structure and manipulation.

I attended high school in Alexandria, Virginia and pursued my interests by taking AP Calculus and IB Computer Science I and II as well as completing Networking Design and Engineer I-IV through Cisco's Online Network Academy. I further challenged myself by working after school and on weekends in the restaurant industry.

I attended Drexel University (drexel.edu) for 4 years where I majored in Computer Science and Economics and completed two 6-month full-time internships while taking night class.

On my first internship I worked as a Leasing Agent in a Property Management office (urbanbye.com). I researched property management principles, residential and commercial leasing, and market conditions to successfully barter agreements between my clients and their tenants.

I updated the rental database from DBase II to Microsoft Access and designed a program to construct a current rental website from that database. This made our advertising more accurate and timely while lowering labor costs. After my contract ended my employer consolidated the position.

I also researched the format of TransUnion credit reports so that I could supply our clients with more detailed and accurate information about the credit of our potential tenants and ensure a lower risk.

On my second internship I worked as a Software Developer for a company producing an artificial larynx (UltraVoice.com). I programmed a Microchip DSPIC Digital Signal Processor working in MPLAB IDE and using MatLab. I studied the processor, its inputs, outputs, specifications, and capabilities including clocking, framing, and interrupts.

I researched and implemented DSP principles such as Signal Sampling theory and Quantization using a Motorola Pulse Code Modulator (PCM), Autocorrelation to identify noise, Phasing to cancel noise, Spectral Analysis and Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT), Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters for windowing in the time domain as well as band filtering in the frequency domain, Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters to replicate analog filters, Linear Predictive Coding (LPC) to generate speech, and Radio Frequency (RF) Modulation to generate a signal using power amplifiers.

My long term education goal is to obtain a BS in Economics and MS in Computer Science while contributing and developing my skills. I am a researcher at heart and I have a passion for learning complex systems and seeking a more complete understanding of anything I do. I confront a challenge with thought and persistence with a focus on identifying and accomplishing goals and personal accountability. I am dedicated to applying myself to challenges, learning from my peers, and contributing my own thoughts and experiences with definitive results.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
Re: Anyone need a System Analyst ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »
Hey Meggito didn't we hang out for a few minutes at the last HOPE conference?

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:48:21 PM »
PLA is an oddball place to look for a job. Stranger things have happened. There is a zero calorie meatphone from what I've heard.

And, well, good luck getting a job.

Assuming this isn't some sort of gag.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:32:10 PM »
Shouldn't he be smart enough to realize this isn't the right place to look for a job?

www.monster.com

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:03:14 PM »
You need to consider the employer who has 100 of these on his desk. Your cover letter is way too long. The first thing you should lose is "I sent my first email at the age of 10", which is an immediate turnoff to reading the whole letter and isn't really all that unique anyway.

Offline meggito

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
PLA is an oddball place to look for a job. Stranger things have happened. There is a zero calorie meatphone from what I've heard.

And, well, good luck getting a job.

Assuming this isn't some sort of gag.

I'm not just looking for work;  I'm looking for feedback.

Offline meggito

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »
Hey Meggito didn't we hang out for a few minutes at the last HOPE conference?

I've never met anyone on these forums.  I read what was available by RBCP and spent a lot of time hanging out on Cal's old school BBS.

MegaKitsune

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
I'm sorry, I don't need my system analed.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »
I've got my BS and now I'm a certified Analrapist.

Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"