Author Topic: How to Steal a Church / Other Property  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Vila

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
  • Remember, I hate you all
How to Steal a Church / Other Property
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:11 PM »
Found this whilst digging through News RSS Feeds:

http://www.arcamax.com/religiousnews/s-347114-470944

Church subject of deed scam
A Brooklyn, N.Y., church was allegedly stolen by one of its parishioners and sold to a developer in a deed scam, authorities say.

The New York Daily News reported Sunday that a con man used a deed scam that's become increasingly prevalent to sell the Free Mission Action Movement Church, which sits on four adjacent lots on Sutter Avenue in New York.

The $1 million church property was allegedly stolen by Derrick Jones, 43, who managed to get the city register to record forged deeds. To help make the scam look legitimate, two notaries public and one of the nation's biggest title companies were allegedly used for the transaction.

The pastor of the church, Bishop Walter Dunlap, said the church tried to help Jones, who has multiple sclerosis.

"We helped him, we gave him food and shelter, he would come by with his wife and leave his kids here for babysitting, and then he did this: He forged my name on deeds and stole the church and the land," said Dunlap, church founder. "What he did is so wicked."

The city register's office, where deeds are filed, does not review documents for authenticity, the newspaper said.
This has been a message from the dyslexic burning bunghole of bordom

Offline Kaymon

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-5
Re: How to Steal a Church / Other Property
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
I tried to steal a church once, but the rent-a-cop got me at the door.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: How to Steal a Church / Other Property
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
That pastor had it coming.