Author Topic: Lend server space for the GSX Project!!!  (Read 1541 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Lend server space for the GSX Project!!!
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »
So, most of you know that I once/still record a lot of shitty music. Most of this was distributed locally-only, in the form of burned-for-purchase CD-R's with some cover art, under the following names:
Matt is a Goat Sex (mainly electronic music)
Matt is a Hobo Sex (after I got a guitar and Acid Pro)
MattGSX (when I put a tiny bit of effort into the music and recorded vocals and did some mastering)

Needless to say, the music is all pretty bad (I won't try to sugarcoat it). However, I'm trying to get a single source to act as a web archive for all the music I've recorded. Currently, I have most everything recorded from 2001-present, though I've lost some files due to HDD failure and other issues (landlord stealing a computer after I got evicted)

My pitch:
Help me store the GSX Project archives. I will upload about 45-75 songs (I can't remember the exact #) that I've already recovered, in addition to new (old) music when I find members of my old street team that still have discs. In return, you will have the honor of housing the numerous odd recordings of MattGSX, under various guises.

Don't worry, I'm not going to upload any of the crappy aousto-folk songs of faith that I recorded. Though they may be true testaments to my beliefs, they are really badly done, and I'd prefer not to distribute them. Though I'm not worried about having any organized layout, the ability to add a single html file with links/histories behind each song would be sweet (not at all necessary). Since I was (and still am) horribly unpopular, I wouldn't worry about any excess bandwith being consumed. I imagine Nod and (possibly) Trev are the only users that will access the site anyway.

In return, you will get:
1) the joy of hosting a retro-revival project
2) hours of music previously un-released to the general public.

I currently have a site pending, but i really don't want to use it for this purpose.

If you are willing to help the GSX Project, please PM me details, and please reply, so it can look like I'm popular.

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Lend server space for the GSX Project!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »
I'll pm you an ftp login shortly
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Lend server space for the GSX Project!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »
Though you may have changed your avatar, I still <3 you.

Thanks mr_doc! The GSX Project can now again start moving forward again at the shuffling, random pace with which it's traveled for the last 8 years!