Author Topic: Fun with Channel One!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Matt

• Andromeda Networks
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
  • Andromeda Networks
    • Andromeda Networks
Fun with Channel One!
« on: October 19, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
Hello fellow users of the internet.
Some of you may have heard of channel one, a Junk in school television program that most schools show because the schools are PAID to play it by Channel One from the money they make off of ads. Channel One is staging a mock election that will be covered in schools across the country that you vote for ON THEIR WEBSITE. I propose that EVERYONE that reads this should go to onevote.com and vote for Rick Astley for the United State's next president!  I propose that we go to their website and vote Rick Astley in for the mock channel one election! They will be dedicating LOTS of time on TV to this, so It would be EPIC LULZ if Rick was elected in their "mock election"
Channel One's mock election is between October 20 and 24!

PLEASE HELP!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:55:16 PM by Matt »
Matt

Offline afreak

• Area codes I have had numbers to: 604. 780, 778, 403, 250, 206, 360, 643
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +44/-36
  • Also known as "Alberta"
Re: Fun with Channel One!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »
It's not fun to prank schools when you're no longer a student.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 07:41:37 AM »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:47:25 AM »
I'll vote, but I'm doubting we'll have much impact when every other high school student in the country is voting something besides Rick Astley.  And even if we got Rick Astley elected, I bet Channel One would discount those votes so they could continue to pretend that their election is meaningful.

When I was in high school I found the coax for Channel One and cut it.  It took out most of the building.  I suggest doing the same and getting rid of that horrible, horrible programming.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
When I was in high school I found the coax for Channel One and cut it.

You too? Ha, we did that constantly. The cables ran across the top of the wall to the TVs and we'd cut them in two places and steal a section of it so they would be really difficult to fix. For the remainder of the year, we no longer had to endure sitting through PSAs about how marijuana will make you kill your best friend and become addicted to heroin.
Huh?

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
This doesn't work. You don't have the option to enter another candidate's name, you can only chose between the douche and the turd that are actually running. Fail.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »
What about Bob Barr? :nonsense:

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »
You too? Ha, we did that constantly. The cables ran across the top of the wall to the TVs and we'd cut them in two places and steal a section of it so they would be really difficult to fix. For the remainder of the year, we no

I found a huge jumble of coax running along the ceiling in the school's auditorium.  I brought wire cutters and cut them all, which took away Channel One in that building for the entire year.  It's too bad VCRs were so expensive back then or I could have done something much more entertaining.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
This doesn't work. You don't have the option to enter another candidate's name, you can only chose between the douche and the turd sandwich that are actually running. Fail.

fixed
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »
Are Rawley Valverde and Kathy Kronenberger still associated with Channel One? I never paid any of their propaganda much mind, but I remember that just the mention of those two names irritated me greatly.

The way they wired up my HS for Channel One, they drilled the hole for the cable and set up a wall jack just above the drop ceiling, then drilled another hole through the ceiling tiles and threaded the cable through it. Cable cutting was pretty common in my HS. Few teachers looked at it as anything more than an inconvenience. There was one, however, who treated it as the greatest crime any student could commit. One morning he was going off two known offenders, insisting that they were costing the school "thousands of dollars" in damages with what he wanted you to thing was domestic terrorism.

At most they had to replace a 3ft. length of coaxial cable that cost about $4.99.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline Matt

• Andromeda Networks
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
  • Andromeda Networks
    • Andromeda Networks
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
I called and complained about that to them. One their little stupid movie site where everyone puts why they voted for who, I'm just going to put some rickrolls on that. Channel One Sucks more then it did before. They report from a OFFICE.
Matt