Author Topic: Craigslist prank gets girl arrested  (Read 2538 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Craigslist prank gets girl arrested
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
Here's an article that may curb our Craigslist shenanigans on the voice bridge.

Ex-girlfriend charged after Craigslist posting

A Strum woman faces a felony charge after police say she posted her former boyfriend's profile in a personals section on Craigslist without his knowledge or consent.

The ad was placed under "casual encounters," police say, and indicated the man wanted other men to call him at work and "talk dirty to him."

Kari A. Heath, 20, 323 W. Birch St., Strum, was charged this week in Eau Claire County Court with causing harm through identity theft.

Heath will make her initial court appearance on March 19.

According to the criminal complaint:

The former boyfriend called Altoona police after he got a call at work from an unknown male who said he was calling in reference to his ad on Craigslist. The caller hung up when the former boyfriend said he didn't know what the caller was talking about.

Craigslist is a centralized network of online communities featuring free classified advertisements.

The former boyfriend found the listing, which included several photos of him. He didn't think anyone besides Heath would have had those photos.

The former boyfriend said he received a text message from Heath in which she admitted placing the ad on Craigslist.

Heath told police she placed the ad after getting into an argument with her former boyfriend on Feb. 2.

If convicted, Heath could be sentenced to up to three years in prison.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
Re: Craigslist prank gets girl arrested
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
yeah, craigslist is having a rough week.  the cook county sheriff just sued craigslist this week, too...alleging that the erotic services section is a big marketplace for prostitution.

(ummm...yes it is...but who really cares?  as a resident of cook county, i'm pretty damn sure there are far bigger problems for the cook county sheriff to solve!)
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »
i'm pretty damn sure there are far bigger problems for the cook county sheriff to solve!

like this guy:

http://www.register-news.com/local/local_story_065210728.html

Offline dennisr

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
yeah, craigslist is having a rough week.  the cook county sheriff just sued craigslist this week, too...alleging that the erotic services section is a big marketplace for prostitution.

(ummm...yes it is...but who really cares?  as a resident of cook county, i'm pretty damn sure there are far bigger problems for the cook county sheriff to solve!)

ACORN registered Sherriff Dart's gerbil and it voted for Obama.